Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick.

2 posters

Go down

Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick. Empty Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick.

Post by 112288 Fri May 31, 2013 9:18 am

REDS ARMY EXCERPT

Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick. — NBADraft.net (@nbadraftnet) May 31, 2013

So here are a few words from his scouting reports.

Featuring terrific ball-handling skills, a lightning quick first step, excellent speed in the open floor, and a penchant for getting teammates involved, Schroeder did an outstanding job in both transition and in the half-court, getting to virtually wherever he wanted on the floor. He executed his team’s offense effectively, doing a good job of pushing the ball inside when needed, and finding teammates constantly spotting up on the perimeter or cutting to the rim for a layup after blowing past his man

Strengths: Point guard with effortless blow by speed to get by opponents virtually at will … At 6’1-6’2, he has a huge wingspan at 6’7 1/4 … Shows good form on his shot and his stats back that up, hitting 40% from 3 (on 3.3 attempts per game) and 84% from the line, averaging 11.9 ppg in 24 mpg during his season in the German Bundesliga … Solid passer. Vision and playmaking skills seem to be developing nicely …

Weaknesses: Still raw, efficiency numbers this season could have been better … His 3.3 to 2.9 a/to ratio display his need to become a more efficient ball protector and distributor. Though it is important to keep in mind that he’s still just 19 … Despite his 40% 3 point shooting numbers, his shot appears to lack the ability to extend out to NBA 3 at this point, as he shoots a bit of a set shot … Just 168 lbs. Frame is slight so getting stronger will be important.

Back to top Go down

Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick. Empty Re: Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick.

Post by bobheckler Fri May 31, 2013 12:01 pm

Draftexpress has Utah taking Schroeder with #14. Same with mynbadraft.com. NBAdraft.net has us taking Schroeder. Then again, they have Plumlee, Olynyk and Adams all already being gone.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dennis-Schroeder-7105/

6'2", 6'7 1/4" wingspan, 168# (really? Kee-rist! I weighed more than him before I left for NZ!), 19 years old (he'll be 20 in September).

http://tshq.co/2013/05/dennis-schroeder-scouting-report/

Nice write up. I like the final comparisons, to wit,
Best Case Scenario: A better shooting poor man's Rondo
Worst Case Scenario: Darren Collison

I'd take either and not stop smiling for months.

I don't some of his weakness, like the "lack of a left hand", for one.

As I've said, I prefer veterans at the PG and C positions, but you can never have too many trading chips, right Danny?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick. Empty Re: Sources have indicated that the rumored promise to German PG Dennis Schroeder is with the Boston Celtics at the 16th pick.

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Sources: Dennis Schroeder Has Struggled In Workouts
Jun 11, 2013 12:45 PM EDT
Dennis Schroeder has returned to Germany after working out for the Dallas Mavericks, Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz and Houston Rockets.

Sources say Schroeder's workouts haven't gone very well, with him struggling against more physical defense.

"He looked frustrated," one NBA scout said of Schroeder's workout with his team. "His body language wasn't great. He's a very good talent and I wouldn't read too much into the workout, but it didn't really help him."

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down