[ 1 ]
Is Rondo the Problem? Vote_lcap14%Is Rondo the Problem? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Is Rondo the Problem? Vote_lcap7%Is Rondo the Problem? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Is Rondo the Problem? Vote_lcap7%Is Rondo the Problem? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Is Rondo the Problem? Empty Is Rondo the Problem?

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Ok, I admit it, I'm just trying to stir up a little trouble to tide us over until this Doc crap is done one way or another and we can refocus on the specifics of our new draft needs and/or coaching replacements.

Here's the hypothesis:

Rondo is difficult.  He admits it.  He admits he's hard to coach because he's so headstrong.  Doc told him, years ago, that his teammates hate playing with him, remember?  Ray Allen left, in part, because he couldn't stand Rondo anymore.  The scuttlebutt is saying that Doc is leaving because he wants to coach Chris Paul and that he wants assurances from Paul that if he comes to LA that Paul will re-sign with the Clips (which is something Clippers management is jumping through hoops of fire to make him say yes to).  Isn't that a slap in the face of Rondo, that he'd rather be coaching Paul than Rondo next year?  Doc's loyalty to KG runs as deep and as hot as the earth's core (and is reciprocated in full).  That's true with Pierce too.  Green said he signed with the Celtics, a lot, because of Doc.  Same with JET and Lee.  So, other than Bradley, who is the missing face in this Last Supper of Doc's apostles?

Is Rondo the heart of the problem?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Is Rondo the Problem? Empty Re: Is Rondo the Problem?

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Stir away Bob; it's discussions like this that make the board a fun place to visit.

I said 'no.'

In my opinion the "difficult Rondo" story is overblown, and being the highly intelligent guy he is he even enjoys running with it in the press.

I'd say he's not the heart of the problem; he's the heart of the solution.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Bob, you're such a rabblerouser.

I voted that he's part of the problem. That became evident to me this season when the team did poorly while he chased that assists record and then did well once he was injured. Teams ultimately figured out the no-Rondo Celtics, plus they lost even more players to injury, but the stark difference was too much to ignore.

He's a stubborn guy, and he seems to keep his emotions under wraps until they're too much to control and then lets loose. I don't think that part of him will ever change, but another coach might be able to get him more on track with team objectives, and I think it will also help if the team continues to increase the number of young, athletic guys who can get out and run with him.

Yes, I think he's been part of the problem, but I also think he could be part of the renaissance of the running Celtics.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm

NO!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Bob,
I selected NO.
As for your hypothesis, I think you're over analyzing this.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:07 pm

You know, it is so easy to blame Rondo, he is a walking target.  I say, if this were the truth, then Doc is looking for someone to blame, just like Ray.  Allen just can't seem to keep dumping on the Celtics, and maybe this is why he is on his fourth team.  Grow up, all of you.  Doc is certainly not making paupers pay for having this job.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have to negotiate a new contract with Donald Sterling as his contract will go with him.  Gee, $7 million to do what you love?  

Let's get off the Rondo kick!  If he is a problem, then Danny knows it and he will be traded soon.  Someone of his talent doesn't come along every year, so they should think long and hard.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 pm

The thread that says that Doc no longer wants to coach Rondo because they almost came to blows, is really something.

Making Ray Allen look like a normal person who doesn't want to work somewhere the leader is an a-hole.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:47 pm

When that story is substantiated shows up on a legitimate website or two, let me know Bob.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Bob,

SO YOU ARE THE STRAW THAT STIRS THE DRINK.............OR BETTER YET SAM'S CELTIC FORUM!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:18 pm

112288 wrote:Bob,

SO YOU ARE THE STRAW THAT STIRS THE DRINK.............OR BETTER YET SAM'S CELTIC FORUM!

Make that a swizzlestick and I'm guilty as charged.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:19 pm

That Doc story starting to float about wanting to leave because of Rondo sounds like a load of cr*p.  With cr*p in italics for emphasis. What a load!

Last edited by NYCelt on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Bob,
You are such an ahole that I gotta luvya. Just what we needed to take a break from the endless tedium. (ahole:  Artful Helper Of Legitimate Enquiry)

Try this one on:

Chris Paul goes to Sterling and sez he won't re-sign unless they make major improvements and wouldn't it be nice if they had a coach like Doc, a center like KG, and a HOF scorer like PP.

Sterling tells the GM who contacts Danny and asks what if?

Danny approaches Doc and Doc does what he always does and sez he'll think about it.

They ask KG and he sez what Doc sez.

Doc is intrigued, He does his best Phil Jackson (thanx dboss) and dreams what it would be like to take on a ready made team. No rebuild. He looks back on his time in Boston, knowing he did all he could do, and thinks about a new possibility.

KG is riding this out since none of it concerns him until they ask him to waive the no trade clause.

PP is sitting back smiling, grateful he is not the center of attention for once.

Then its the old two step, back and forth, back and forth. Our Supreme and Omniscient Lord Grand Poobah of the NBA then sez he will decide all and this one stinx.

Now all the sportswriters and their antiBoston bias have to come up with something new to keep the attention and revenue flowing while they figure out their next ploy.

So one story after another surfaces disparaging every one involved no matter what side, what view, or more importantly, what having nothing to do with all of this can translate to in terms of personal exposure.

Doc, Danny, KG, PP and now Rondo are all caught up in this and no one will win. There are always lots of news reports, always lots of insinuations, but never any facts or effort to prove what has been said. Lots of personnel have come and gone from the Boston locker room since Los Tres Amigos donned the green together. We have a guy who whistle blows the guvmint's spying on us, yet no one blows the whistle on the corrupt and evil world of the Celtics locker room?

As the commish sez: "Glad to hear you believe all this malarkey (thanx VP) now let me tell you more about that bridge"
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Oh yes Media. Please continue blaming Rondo for being headstrong and "uncoachable." Leaders should be timid and lack the ability to think critically for themselves -_-'

I'm pretty sure a team without an elite PG would love to have a capable guy like Rondo as the court general.

I'd hate to see Rondo traded, but if it does happen, I'll always root for him to succeed.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down