BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald

4 posters

Go down

BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald Empty BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald

Post by 112288 Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 am

SB NATION

By Kevin O'Connor  @KevinOConnorNBA on Aug 31 2014, 9:25p 102

Who knew we'd be playing a Rajon Rondo edition of "he said, she said" this weekend. A spokeswoman for Rondo's agent says that the Boston Celtics' captain didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald's Mark Murphy.

Rumor: Rajon Rondo reportedly "wants out"

This, like Jackie MacMullan's report that Rondo "wants out," is a non-story as far as I'm concerned. I don't think Rondo would demand a trade, so Murphy's report is likely accurate, but I do think there is probably an understanding between the front office and him that if things don't turn around this season, then there is a greater chance he bolts next summer.

And it doesn't take media reports to deny or confirm any of that. It's obvious that Rondo has a deep desire to win that can only be matched by players like Kobe Bryant. But it's also clear that Rondo is invested into the Celtics tradition, and would love to see "9" hanging in the rafters someday. Players are immortal if they succeed in Boston and you don't get that many other places.

But winning is the main objective for Rondo and his future likely hinges on that, which certainly won't be determined by anything he said or didn't say this summer. Over the course of the season Boston's win-loss total will likely decide Rondo's fate, though even then it'll take another dance partner for Danny Ainge to pull the trigger on any deal.

If you get anything from my two articles today, please let it be this: Promise not to overreact to any Rondo rumor that is released before mid-December. Maybe then we can start giving them some attention, because right now we're just wasting our time.

Back to top Go down

BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald Empty Re: BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:23 am

112288 wrote:

If you get anything from my two articles today, please let it be this: Promise not to overreact to any Rondo rumor that is released before mid-December. Maybe then we can start giving them some attention, because right now we're just wasting our time.[/color]

Exactly right.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald Empty Re: BEST ARTICLE WRITTEN TO DATE ON RONDO - Rajon Rondo didn't demand a trade, according to the Boston Herald

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Someone is actually proposing a common sense approach to this matter? Oh my... Rolling Eyes

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 pm

As I said elsewhere, it makes sense for both sides to see how the team is shaping up this season while taking note of the trading deadline before finalizing anything.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Nice job of damage control by the agency without having either the agent or the client face questions publicly. For those not familiar with how the damage control element (as opposed to the publicity element) of public relations works, every nuance of every syllable of every word is crafted to leave as much wiggle room as possible for avoiding return fire.

In this case, the words "demand a trade" are key. Because I went back to the transcript of the video provided by gyso, and I don't believe Jackie ever used those words. I'm pretty sure she used the phrase "wants out."

So, if pressed to expound on their denial, the agent, or the second secretary of the third assistant for the agent, or Rondo himself could easily evade the point by saying something like, "Players keep in touch with general managers (or the like) frequently, and the subject of the future has come up in this case. But the word "demand" was specifically never used." So, in effect, they're denying something that was never an issue—at least as far as Jackie is concerned.

And to make it even a more beautiful ruse, the fact that they're the most recent parties commenting on this issue, combined with the fact that they cleverly slid in the word "demand," leaves the current impression with the public that Jackie said "demand."

Did they deny that Rondo said, "I will never re-sign with you?" I mean that's something Jackie actually stated according to the transcript. Of course they didn't. They picked the portion they could manipulate most easily and weasel-worded their response as outlined above. Now that's something that's really done all the time.

So this is the best article yet on the Rondo situation if people don't mind falling for p.r.—speak. Even this guy, Kevin O'Connor, fell for it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down