Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room

+6
KennCelt
mrkleen09
mulcogiseng
bobheckler
worcester
10 posters

Go down

Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room Empty Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:53 pm

NESN Staff on Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 11:29AM

There may be more than meets the eye to the Doc Rivers situation. Rivers wants out of Boston because he does not like Rajon Rondo, according to Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com. The two almost came to blows after Rondo dropped an F-bomb on his head coach during a team meeting. The team had to break the two up before it escalated into a fist fight. Sheridan told Bill Lekas of SiriusMadDog Radio that Rivers is sick of coaching Rondo because he’s a “bad locker room guy.” Sheridan also mentioned it would be difficult for the Celtics to deal Rondo, the team’s No. 1 trade asset, because they league knows he’s a “headcase,” who is “impossible to deal with.” Check out Sheridan discuss the Rivers-Rondo fight below, it starts around the 18:00 mark

http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-doc-rivers-wants-out-of-boston-because-of-rajon-rondo-two-almost-fought-in-locker-room/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NESN

Report: Doc Rivers No Longer Pursuing Clippers Head Coaching Job by Alison Smith on Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 6:11PM

The tale of Doc Rivers and the Clippers has taken a number of interesting turns, and it appears the journey may have come to an end. After reports surfaced on Friday that the Clippers’ attempt to get Rivers was “just a bluff,” the deal may be off the table entirely. Adrian Wojnorowski of Yahoo! Sports reported that after failed negotiations on Friday, the Rivers-to-LA deal is no longer. It has been a roller coaster of a week for those following the Celtics-Clippers trade talks. Initially, the Clippers were looking to acquire Rivers and Kevin Garnett in exchange for DeAndre Jordan and two first-round picks. Garnett, it was said, would waive his no-trade clause to be part of the deal. Since then, talks between the two teams have resumed, been put on hold, resumed again and ultimately have ended in a stalemate, it seems. NEWSMAX HEADLINES NYT: Federal Reserve Too Optimistic US Chamber of Commerce: Solve Entitlement Spending Has Bernanke Created Another Bubble Economy? Study: You Can Lose 17 Pounds in One Month Five Signs Stock Market Will Collapse in 2013 Billionaire: US Still in Middle of Stock Rally Kudlow: Bernanke Made Major Policy Mistake ObamaCare Law Is Longer than the Bible

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-doc-rivers-no-longer-pursuing-clippers-head-coaching-job

Back to top Go down

Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room Empty Re: Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Very disappointing and disturbing news.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room Empty Re: Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:55 pm

worcester wrote:Very disappointing and disturbing news.

worcester,

If true, it makes Doc look less like an A-hole, doesn't it?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:58 pm

So far there's nothing about Doc's actions that I think look inappropriate. If Danny wants to trade him for 2 picks or if he wants to move to LA for the two picks, that's a plus for the Celts. He's kept his mouth shut and been very dignified throughout this entire cirque de LA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 pm

When did this alleged altercation take place? What were the real circumstances? Did Doc or mgmt fine Rondo? any discipline? Why has no other report been made of this from another source? Why is it that these things keep coming out yet there is never any verification? Oh, I can answer that one, more advertising revenue for the rich pholks. I have heard for years that Rondo is this and that or something else. Never any proof, never any specifics, but always a swirl of intrigue. How could all this dirt vs Rondo never be substantiated? I know I'm not quite right in the head but this boggles even my mind.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:40 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:When did this alleged altercation take place? What were the real circumstances? Did Doc or mgmt fine Rondo? any discipline? Why has no other report been made of this from another source? Why is it that these things keep coming out yet there is never any verification? Oh, I can answer that one, more advertising revenue for the rich pholks. I have heard for years that Rondo is this and that or something else. Never any proof, never any specifics, but always a swirl of intrigue. How could all this dirt vs Rondo never be substantiated? I know I'm not quite right in the head but this boggles even my mind.

Totally agree.  Chris Sheridan from Sheridanhoops.com?  Wait, WHO???
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Good organizations deal with problems internally and don't air their dirty laundry. It makes it easier to leave problems behind or to move them later if less is known by those outside of the organization.
'

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:54 pm

KennCelt

I agree, you do not want to tarnish goods you are trying to sell. Maybe this took place a few years ago...........about the same time Rondo kept popping up in trade talks.

Where there is smoke there's ............................Rondo?

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Something doesn't sound right about this whole story.

It doesn't add up even a little.  If Rondo was such a problem why wouldn't the Celtics be attempting to deal him while his value is high rather than lose an accomplished coach?  Furthermore what about the whole story about Doc wanting to coach in LA?  I don't think that's exactly an invention of someone's mind to create a smoke-screen.

So Rondo's known as a huge head-case around the league, but not as much in Boston, where he plays?

And locker room arguments with the coach?  Puh-leeeze; let's grow up, whoever "uncovered" that one.  It happens on a regular basis in every and any professional sport.  Wow, that's got to be the worst kept secret going!

This sounds like pure BS.

Make that 100% pure, unadulterated organic BS of the highest order.  From a steer in Nuevo Laredo, Texas.  On a Tuesday.  In late July.

Stay tuned for the article about how Doc wants out because the equipment guy under-inflates the balls by 1 PSI.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:39 pm

NYCelt - underinflated balls are a real concern as we men get older.  I can understand Doc getting upset about this.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Funny i have heard several interviews from both Doc and Rajon. There was mutual admiration. And when the Ray Allen situation was discuss it was doc who said I put the ball in Rondo's hands. A very recent interview with Rondo indicates that him and Doc are close. Rondo said I talk to him all the time, almost every Day.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 pm

on a team where Big Baby was crying on the bench once, who cares?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 pm

I don't blame Rondo for being upset. His supposed "coach" has been quite ambivalent about his commitment to his team.

And if Doc is leaving anyway, this argument comes as a moot point.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:36 am

worcester wrote:NYCelt - underinflated balls are a real concern as we men get older.  I can understand Doc getting upset about this.
W- 

You've got me on this one.

I can't think of any possible come-back!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:08 pm

W

That is pretty funny.

Dbosd
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Now, Sherrod Blakely is saying that it's a Doc-Rondo thing too, but he's not saying WHY he saying it (i.e. is he just repeating the Chris Sheridan rumor, or is he quoting a different source?).

Regardless, it looks like this will be addressed, one way or another, tomorrow.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Here's an article from SB Nation about this.  Another stir or two to the pot, or should I say "plot", before the anticipated announcement on Monday.

Doc Rivers's Celtics drama ignores the Rajon Rondo in the room
By Tom Ziller on Jun 23 2013, 10:00a 

Report: Doc Rivers Wants Out of Boston Because of Rajon Rondo, Two Almost Fought in Locker Room 20120530_mje_su8_951.0_standard_709.0
Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
As Doc Rivers contemplates escaping Boston, whither Rajon Rondo?

RE

A head coach who was once a heady NBA point guard should be able to connect with and succeed with the smartest point guard in the league, right? Doc Rivers has won a championship with Rajon Rondo, has seen him become an All-Star, has been the only NBA head coach he's ever known. And yet Doc has apparently been trying desperately to flee a Celtics team that counts Rondo as its last star standing.

Chris Sheridan has a report about a purported near-fight between the two, and cites it as the reason for Rivers' exit strategy. That seems like an awfully cute way by someone to pin this on a player who is already known as tempestuous while letting Doc largely off the hook for his wanderlust. (Also, what sparked the supposed near-brawl? Was Rondo dropping an "f-bomb" on Doc? Like that hasn't happened before?)

Really, this was all that the whole Doc-devised saga has been missing: a way to pin it all on Rondo. Just like the Ray Allen departure (even though Allen pretty openly said he was not feeling very wanted by Danny Ainge's front office). I, for one, will be stunned if an anonymously-sourced report doesn't blame Rondo for the eventual waiving of Paul Pierce or trade of Kevin Garnett. Maybe Rondo will neglect to hold the door open for KG, leading to a Cold War that can only be solved by breaking up the team.

If Doc does go back to the announcing booth -- apparently the only option other than coaching the Celtics next season -- it'll be a horrible end to his run with Rondo. Doc reportedly isn't interested in coaching through a rebuilding phase. In leaking that info out, he's neglecting that he has Rondo. This isn't going to be the 2012 Bobcats. With Rondo, Jeff Green and a few other pieces, this team will be out of the playoff picture, perhaps. But it's not going to be dreadful. If the C's end up with DeAndre Jordan in an eventual Garnett deal ... that's not a horrid team. I mean, is a Rondo-Green-Jordan team worse than, say, the Raptors or Bucks?

Regardless, Doc isn't willing to stick it out with Rondo, arguably the best player Boston's had since 2010. That says more about Rivers than anyone else. He has a moody star, yes, but a player cut from a similar cloth to him, a player who thrives on boosting the production of his teammates, a fearless, heady point guard who has never backed down from a challenge. And what does Doc do? He backs down from the challenge.

Rivers can write his own destiny; there's no disputing that. But it's disappointing that as one of the better coaches in the NBA, he's unwilling to face this challenge ... and that someone is willing to drag Rondo through the mud on Doc's behalf.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Danny addressed this in the news conference.

Funny if you repeat something enough times lies become the truth.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down