sinus007
Matty
Outside
mulcogiseng
10 posters

Go down

Current Celtics Roster Empty Current Celtics Roster

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 pm

What is it? I don't know. I have checked NBA.com, the globe, cbs and everyone still has the old roster. bad enuf we have to wait for trades to become official but this is absurd. It might be nice to discuss who may or may not be on the team. Does the current roster have more than 20 players? I just don't know.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Current Celtics Roster Empty Re: Current Celtics Roster

Post by Outside Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 pm

As far as I know, the KG-Pierce trade to the Nets isn't final yet. I was wondering what the holdup was and found a blurb on si.com that says it will be finalized tomorrow. I haven't seen anything to indicate it won't go through, but I don't think anyone is updating their online rosters until the deal is done.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm

that's pretty much it, Kris Jospehs contract couldn't be traded till Friday.

so, we got another dozen or so hrs of Paul and KG being Celtics.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 pm

thanx guys, I saw the mention about the contract after I had posted. Mebbe tomorrow? lol
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi,
Nothing official as of yet. Just go by unofficial sources.
The first marker should be camp invites. BTW, is there a limit of players for camp and pre-season?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 pm

It didn't copy well, but as of tomorrow this is who the team lists...

2013-14 Roster

Num Player                    Pos
30    Brandon Bass            F
0      Avery Bradley           G
27    Jordan Crawford        G
8     Jeff Green                 F
      Colton Iverson          C-F
11   Courtney Lee             G
13   Fab Melo                   C
      Kelly Olynyk              C
42   Shavlik Randolph        F
9    Rajon Rondo              G
7    Jared Sullinger           F
12   DJ White                   F
44   Chris Wilcox (FA)     F-C

Then add in the new players coming over from the Nets;

Brooks
Wallace
Bogans
Kardashian
Joseph
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 pm

lol, @ kardashian... that's cruel.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:48 am

Anyone have an idea about Wilcox?

Will he be retained?

Will the Celtics march out a three headed center.

Will Iverson make the team?

Can Ko play center with JS at the starting PF?

Will Bass be sent to the bench?

Will the Celtics carry 3 PG's?

Will Rondo be ready on opening night?

Who will be our 6th man?

Did DA compromise the team's flexibility with the deals that he has made?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:50 am

Hi,
According to Blakely @CSN Pressey is invited to the camp.
I don't see much competition at PG position so, if there're no deals that bring a veteran PG, I'd say he has a good chance to make the roster.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:30 am

dboss wrote:Anyone have an idea about Wilcox?

Will he be retained?

Who will be our 6th man?

Ok, dboss, you've used up your entire question quota for the year.

As far as Wilcox goes, I haven't heard anything other than that he'd like to be back. Considering they were trying to include him in the trade to the Wiz in the Barbosa/Crawford trade, but ended up sending Jason Collins there instead, I'd say Danny's not too high on him.

Will we send out a 3 headed center? We'd need at least one more head.

Danny has said that KO will play PF in the pros. I'd say that means he's not expecting him to play center. I don't want to think of Sully, coming off of back surgery, as our starting center.

Danny isn't done. He needs to discard some contracts.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:35 am

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:Anyone have an idea about Wilcox?

Will he be retained?

Who will be our 6th man?

Ok, dboss, you've used up your entire question quota for the year.

As far as Wilcox goes, I haven't heard anything other than that he'd like to be back.  Considering they were trying to include him in the trade to the Wiz in the Barbosa/Crawford trade, but ended up sending Jason Collins there instead, I'd say Danny's not too high on him.

Will we send out a 3 headed center?  We'd need at least one more head.

Danny has said that KO will play PF in the pros.  I'd say that means he's not expecting him to play center.  I don't want to think of Sully, coming off of back surgery, as our starting center.

Danny isn't done.  He needs to discard some contracts.

bob

^This

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:41 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:What is it? I don't know. I have checked NBA.com, the globe, cbs and everyone still has the old roster. bad enuf we have to wait for trades to become official but this is absurd. It might be nice to discuss who may or may not be on the team. Does the current roster have more than 20 players? I just don't know.

Mulcogiseng,
Here is a preliminary answer to your question.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:45 am

Stevens also confirmed that the Celtics would bring on his former Butler assistant Micah Shrewsberry as an assistant coach. With two seats left open on his staff, Stevens plays to target coaches with NBA experience to aid his transition from the college game.

Although Shrewsberry will be on the roster, Worcester will definitely not be. So much for representation from the Heart of the Commonwealth.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 am

BobH,

I know you're concerned about the size of the Celtics roster. I assume it has nothing to do with legalities because, in the off-season, teams may have as many as 20 players on the roster. (I had thought it was 19, but I just read it is 20.)

In addition to not being too hasty to get rid of players who might play better in the pros than in college (see Olynyk, K), it behooves the Celtics to carry the maximum (or close to it), if only for the flexibility it offers (see Joseph, K). Flexibility in terms of the potential for injuries between now and the regular season, flexibility in terms of representing possible in trades, even flexibility as fillers in pre-season practice while the Celtics await the arrival of new asets.

Actually, if they're carrying 18-20 players by training camp, Danny will likely get rid of some players early in camp, allowing them to try to hook on with other teams and ensuring that the Celtics roster won't be so glutted with players that the "keepers" won't receive sufficient pre-season playing time.

As for Wilcox, the roster posted by Sinus shows the Celtics with 17 players. Wilcox is listed with no salary, as is Iverson. So I'd guess the have not signed either. Olynyk (who has been signed) is on the list, but not Mitchell, Fells or Pressey. Even if they did add Iverson, Wilcox, Fells, Mitchell and Pressey to the off-season roster, I believe they'd be at exactly 20 (at least until Danny makes his next move). I don't know what implications the salary cap would have.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:43 am

sam wrote:BobH,

I know you're concerned about the size of the Celtics roster.  I assume it has nothing to do with legalities because, in the off-season, teams may have as many as 20 players on the roster.  (I had thought it was 19, but I just read it is 20.)

In addition to not being too hasty to get rid of players who might play better in the pros than in college (see Olynyk, K), it behooves the Celtics to carry the maximum (or close to it), if only for the flexibility it offers (see Joseph, K).  Flexibility in terms of the potential for injuries between now and the regular season, flexibility in terms of representing possible  in trades, even flexibility as fillers in pre-season practice while the Celtics await the arrival of new asets.

Actually, if they're carrying 18-20 players by training camp, Danny will likely get rid of some players early in camp, allowing them to try to hook on with other teams and ensuring that the Celtics roster won't be so glutted with players that the "keepers" won't receive sufficient pre-season playing time.

As for Wilcox, the roster posted by Sinus shows the Celtics with 17 players.  Wilcox is listed with no salary, as is Iverson.  So I'd guess the have not signed either.  Olynyk (who has been signed) is on the list, but not Mitchell, Fells or Pressey.  Even if they did add Iverson, Wilcox, Fells, Mitchell and Pressey to the off-season roster, I believe they'd be at exactly 20 (at least until Danny makes his next move).  I don't know what implications the salary cap would have.

Sam

sam,

I am not concerned about the Celtics' roster since I know they will have to move some contracts before the season starts.  Period.  I didn't know, and frankly don't care, how many they can carry in pre-season.  They could put us all on the payroll for all I care (and I would proudly have my contract from them framed and displayed prominently) but by the start of the regular season they have to have no more than 15 players under contract.

Wilcox and Iverson are not under contract.  Yet.  I presume that Iverson, at least, will be given a contract to show up at vet's camp.  He may get cut, but that's something else.

When I'm talking about getting rid of players, I am referring specifically to players under contract.  The unsigned do not matter, in this context.  If they want flexibility to keep players for depth purposes (see Joseph, K; Pressey, P; Fells, C; Mitchell, T; Iverson, C) they need to make room at the end of a bench that only has enough room for 15 contracted butts on it for them.  Carrying players that cannot/will not contribute (see Melo, F P de) means carrying a player who is taking up one of those seats on the bench that could be filled by those other players.  The fact that Melo might never make it out of Maine doesn't change the fact that his contract is an NBA contract, NOT a D-league one, and therefore applies to the Celtics' roster.  You want Fells?  I'd say Melo is a good piece of dead wood to get rid of to make that slot open up but if we still hold out hope for that Brazilian Golden Retriever (or can't find a Rottweiler to replace him), fine, but somebody has to go.  I'm just of the opinion that Melo is the least valuable player on the roster, and that's saying a lot considering just how badly we need centers.

If we have 17 players under contract, a minimum of 2 of those contracts have to go bye-bye, and that still doesn't create any opportunity to those players we have both mentioned.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down