HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History

+4
k_j_88
pete
rickdavisakaspike
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History Empty HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Something to make the juices flow, and the blood boil. It's a slide show, so it's hard to copy-and-paste.

They have Tony Battie as #50. Right ahead of him? Bill Walton. Huh? After him, at #48? Rick Robey. Double huh?

Just to get Sam involved in this thread, let me point out that KC Jones was ranked #22, right after Danny Ainge at #21. Reggie Lewis was #20. I loved Reggie, but better than KC Jones?

I'm not even going to tell you where 'Toine came in...

http://hoopshype.com/galleries/hoopshype/the-top-50-players-in-celtics-history

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History Empty Re: HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History

Post by rickdavisakaspike Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Where's Curtis Rowe? What about Sydney Wicks. And Ricky Davis didn't make the list. I'd like to lodge a formal complaint.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History Empty Re: HoopsHype's Top 50 Players in Celtic History

Post by pete Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:45 pm

No Mark Blount, Conner Henry, Daren Daye, Dino Radja, Brad Lohouse, whats this world coming to?

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Eddie House, James Posey, Leon Powe, Glen Davis, Brian Scalabrine > Tony Battie

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:16 pm

pete wrote:No Mark Blount, Conner Henry, Daren Daye, Dino Radja, Brad Lohouse, whats this world coming to?

Pete

Pete,

Dino's on the list.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 pm

pete wrote:No Mark Blount, Conner Henry, Daren Daye, Dino Radja, Brad Lohouse, whats this world coming to?

Pete

Pete,

What about Carl Braun and Ben Swain?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:01 pm

See what I mean. a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:12 pm

No Scal= crap list

The truth over the Cooz?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:37 am

Bob, I would have commented sooner, but I've been laughing steadily for nearly 17 hours. Do people actually get paid for this sort of drivel? C'mon media machine. Where's the column on the greatest left-handed Celtics? Or the Celtics who belched loudest after meals?

To answer your question, K.C.'s greatness didn't show up in the stats. (Maybe if they had recorded steals, it would have helped a bit. But, as far as I know, even John HallandOats hasn't yet invented a stat for "holding" Jerry West under 30 points in a key game. Reggie's greatness was more evident in the stats. I always thought Reggie could have been one of the Celtics all-time greats had he played longer.

Bur, frankly, the previous paragraph sapped as much energy as I can muster to comment on an exercise this incredibly stupid. Different eras, different positions, different roles, different criteria, different priorities, different levels of competition—the complexities are endless. Moreover (and I believe I might have mentioned this once or twice), the team's the thing. And the farther alleged basketball "wisdom" strays from that axiom, the more deprived basketball fans will be.

I did think it was a wonderful gesture for the perpetrator of the article to include Sam Jones at #9. If he could only have dropped one slot to #10, it would have equaled his number of championship rings. Where's the symmetry for Pete's sake?

I have found an appropriate use for this article. I printed out 30 copies, stapled all 1,500 sheets end-to-end, perforated all of them, wound them up into this big roll, and placed the roll beside my favorite toilet. The staples could prove a problem, but it's a small price to pay if I can just establish a bit of myself in turdy-turd place.

Sam

P.S. In case anyone wants some REAL enjoyment:

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/26/bill-russell-boston-celtics-video/
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:55 am

Bob, Dino is on the list, wow I guess that says it all.

gyso, Carl and Ben got smoked on this one, I guess it really is who ya know.

KJ, believe or not, I was trying to remember his name to add to my list, wasn't he called El Busto by his former team owner?

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down