Is it really true?

+2
k_j_88
sinus007
6 posters

Go down

Is it really true? Empty Is it really true?

Post by sinus007 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,
I just came across of this article on Yahoo.
Besides some places in the article where I wanted to say "You are an idiot, sir", I want to ask resident old-timers if KG is actually most hated player in Celtics history?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Is it really true? Empty Re: Is it really true?

Post by k_j_88 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 am

I just read this same article 5 minutes ago. The author sounds more like a desperate man struggling to find something interesting and relevant to write about.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:14 am

I do not think hate is the word they want to use.

I could totally see him being the most disliked to play against though. I would say most players at that level understand what he is doing and why he is doing it.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 am

It seems like Rondo has more people that dislike him than KG...

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 am

k_j_88 wrote:It seems like Rondo has more people that dislike him than KG...

KJ
on BDC - for sure:) 

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Here's the author's profile.  Like Justin, he's a student.  Unlike Justin, who claims to have "obsessively followed Boston area sports for 10 years" (10 whole years!), Mark Evans has been doing it for 3 years.  Like Justin, he is a student.  He is getting a double major in Accounting and Finance.

I guess Yahoo is giving their real writers time off during the offseason by allowing summer interns to blab some blurbs.  Couldn't they find someone who is at least a journalism, or English Lit, major?

http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/1709219/mark_evans.html

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Can it be that this dupe actually wants to stimulate an argument based on some hierarchy of hatred in the NBA?  Articles like this capitalize on pro basketball fans' ever-increasing fascination with individual players—whether it be "greatest player" or "hatest player."

Even in his basketball diaper stage, the author has already flunked his first Celtics test.  The player doesn't mean nearly as much as the team.  As far as hatred goes, the Tyrannical Celtics were hated much more than any individual player will ever be.  They won as a team; they lost (but seldom the big ones) as a team; and they were hated as a team.  The degree of hatred around the league for those Celtics teams was so strong that it has been passed down through generations and endures today.  The oceans of hatred for those teams occasionally spilled over on to individual Celtics players; but they tended to fall more often into the "grudging admiration" category.

As has been said, perhaps "hatred" is the wrong word.  I believe it all began as an amalgum of feelings such as jealousy, envy and frustration; and and it now continues as lingering antipathy in one form or another.  Most of its proponents couldn't tell you why it exists.  It's become akin to a birthright of non-Celtics fans.

If I were to hold my nose and wallow in a discussion of individual hatred, I would submit that the most hated Celtic ever was not a player.  He was a coach.

Guess who?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Oh my God, those wonderful days when he would light up that cigar, game in hand, while the opposing team stewed!!!! Much better than Gino, but I am that ticked off a lot of opposing teams in his six dancing years!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down