A rumor I would love to see come true

+2
wideclyde
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

A rumor I would love to see come true Empty A rumor I would love to see come true

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:32 am

Came across this article this morning while surfing the net at work. Not sure how realistic it is, but if Danny can pull it off, he officially has my blessing.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/could-signing-al-horford-lead-to-boston-celtics-acquiring-kevin-durant

Take all this for what it's worth, but follow the bouncing ball:

-- The Boston Celtics may have missed out on Al Horford at the trade deadline, but Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski says they think they have a real chance at landing him in free agency.

-- Gary Tanguay believes that's true, and that there's a good shot Horford will be a Celtic next year.

-- And if that happens, well, Trenni Kusnierek heard a podcast by ESPN's Zach Lowe in which Lowe said Horford is one of the players that Kevin Durant would like to play with.

As we said, take it for what it's worth.

But Al Horford and Kevin Durant in Boston?

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

A rumor I would love to see come true Empty Re: A rumor I would love to see come true

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:43 am

Horford I think is a real possiblity, but not sure how they coudl fit Durant in also.

we have about $58M in boooked cotracts and rookie holds. leaves us with about $30M to use IF Danny renounces Sully, Turner and Zeller.

Durant and Horford wil cost somewhere between $45-55M IMO.

releasing Amir and Jerebko gets us another $17M and puts us in play cap wise to get it done however.

5 players gone
2- FA signed
3- first rounders

it IS possible I suppopse.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

A rumor I would love to see come true Empty Re: A rumor I would love to see come true

Post by wideclyde Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:37 am

Not sure that I would like Horford and Durant at the cost of eliminating all of the five guys KDP mentions and adding three more rookies.

Some the vets mentioned are still pretty important to next year's team and I do not think that this year's rookies will make a big move up to become rotation players by next season never mind thinking that perhaps any more than one of this year's rookies to fit into the rotation next year either.

My thoughts are that Durant is a better player than Horford and I could see giving him whatever absurd number of dollars that a "max" player will get, but I do not see Horford as a max player if you already have Durant. I believe that smaller salaried supplemental players (Jerebko, Turner, Zeller, Sullinger) could surround Durant much better than a bunch of untested rookie type guys and Horford would.

This is not to say that Horford is not a nice player because he is, but stripping the bench of glue guys who are all young veterans at this time to add Horford and Durant may not strengthen the team as much as desired when you spend that kind of money on only two guys.

If Durant goes somewhere else then Horford and a shooting wing player not named James Young would be a good idea, and can be done for less money which would mean that most of the young vets could be kept in Boston.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 am

wideclyde wrote:Not sure that I would like Horford and Durant at the cost of eliminating all of the five guys KDP mentions and adding three more rookies.

Some the vets mentioned are still pretty important to next year's team and I do not think that this year's rookies will make a big move up to become rotation players by next season never mind thinking that perhaps any more than one of this year's rookies to fit into the rotation next year either.

My thoughts are that Durant is a better player than Horford and I could see giving him whatever absurd number of dollars that a "max" player will get, but I do not see Horford as a max player if you already have Durant.  I believe that smaller salaried supplemental players (Jerebko, Turner, Zeller, Sullinger) could surround Durant much better than a bunch of untested rookie type guys and Horford would.

This is not to say that Horford is not a nice player because he is, but stripping the bench of glue guys who are all young veterans at this time to add Horford and Durant may not strengthen the team as much as desired when you spend that kind of money on only two guys.

If Durant goes somewhere else then Horford and a shooting wing player not named James Young would be a good idea, and can be done for less money which would mean that most of the young vets could be kept in Boston.

Durant is definitely the better player, but I think that logic was that getting Horford would be necessary to get Durant, similar to how Danny got Ray to convince KG to come.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi,
I think Danny will go all-in if he has a shot at those two.
I believe an addition of Horford and KD will propel Celtics into the contenders' group.
So, letting go Jerebko, Sully, Zeller and/or Turner is worth it.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm with you on this one Sinus.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:52 am

That would be a home run for sure. When would that announcement come? Anytime after the playoffs are complete?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down