Sully: Hopefully Rondo Will Be Back By Dec

Go down

Sully: Hopefully Rondo Will Be Back By Dec Empty Sully: Hopefully Rondo Will Be Back By Dec

Post by k_j_88 Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Jared Sullinger on Rajon Rondo’s return: ‘Hopefully he’ll be back by December’
Brett Pollakoff Aug 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT

AP
Rajon Rondo suffered a torn ACL injury that prematurely ended his season last January, and while Celtics GM Danny Ainge has been eying an opening night return for this star point guard all along, the actual timetable may end up being a bit longer than that.

Jared Sullinger, a teammate of Rondo’s who also had a season-ending injury, said in a recent interview that he’s hoping to have Rondo back by December.

From Jay King of MassLive.com:

Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has stated publicly — several times — that point guard Rajon Rondo wants to return from ACL surgery by training camp and play on opening night.

Yet while speaking with WSYX Columbus on Friday, teammate Jared Sullinger shared a different timetable for Boston’s four-time All-Star.

“He’s back working out again and hopefully he’ll be back by December,” said Sullinger.

It’s unclear if Sullinger actually has any inside knowledge of how Rondo’s rehabilitation is going, or if he was just repeating something he heard a while back. But there’s obviously no reason to rush Rondo back to the court until he’s healed 100 percent.

As for Sullinger, he’s expected to be ready for the start of training camp on September 30.

--

My Take: Rondo only had a partial ACL tear, so I hope he wouldn't have to miss too much time. Although, it will take him time to adjust transitioning from rehab to game speed. But I am optimistic.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down