Antawn Jamison Signs with Clippers

4 posters

Go down

Antawn Jamison Signs with Clippers Empty Antawn Jamison Signs with Clippers

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Ok, now I'm really confused. Jamison sucked last year. I mean really, really, really sucked. I know the Lakers, in general, were completely dysfunctional but he really, really, really sucked. I don't know, maybe TJ, who watches a lot more Laker games than I do, will disagree.

He's a 37 year old tweener. I never got his game (admittedly, I have a blind spot when it comes to tweeners. I didn't understand how Kelly Tripucka, Chris Mullin and Corliss Williamson got it done either). Is Doc really that starved for veterans? I mean, it's not like Jamison has soooo much playoff experience that he can bring that to the table. This will be his, I guess, 16th season (?). He has played in the playoffs in only 7 of them, and made it out of the first round only twice.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Antawn Jamison Signs with Clippers Empty Re: Antawn Jamison Signs with Clippers

Post by k_j_88 Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Doc loves old guys. He also loves letting old guys play big minutes. Just watch, Jamison will average 30 mpg.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 pm

I disagree with Bob that Jamison sucked last year.
He dramatically increased his shooting percentage and his rebound per minute average from the year before when he averaged over 17ppg. He struggled a little bit and D'Antoni had to figure out how to use him, but he played good ball in the second half of the season. Where he struggles is guarding faster 3's and stronger 4's.
I think he is an excellent pickup for the Clippers as the 3rd string SF or PF.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:05 pm

tjmakz wrote:I disagree with Bob that Jamison sucked last year.
He dramatically increased his shooting percentage and his rebound per minute average from the year before when he averaged over 17ppg. He struggled a little bit and D'Antoni had to figure out how to use him, but he played good ball in the second half of the season. Where he struggles is guarding faster 3's and stronger 4's.
I think he is an excellent pickup for the Clippers as the 3rd string SF or PF.

TJ,

According to basketball-reference.com, Jamison's points/36mpg decreased from 18.7pp36m in Cleveland to 15.7pp36m in LA. His rp36m increased from 6.8 to 8.0, so that's good. His assists/36 were cut in half (2.2 to 1.1).

Nevertheless, I'll take your purple-and-gold opinion on him. If you say you were ok with him, and you were rooting for him for obvious reasons, then you're in a better place to know better than I.

As far as struggling against faster 3s and stronger 4s, does that leave any in the league out?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I had to laugh when Doc commented on how this move to Brooklyn will revive Pierce. Duh......Doc you are the one who played his legs off. Pierce played way too many minutes last year, regardless of the fact that Rondo was hurt. This is one place I look for improvement in the coming year. The young guys are finally going to play some meaningful minutes.

It's funny, I always liked Jamison until I watched him last year. He is definitely at the end of the rainbow.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down