KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics

4 posters

Go down

KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics Empty KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:54 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/09/kevin_garnett_discusses_love_o.html

Kevin Garnett discusses love of Boston Celtics, most important thing he taught Rajon Rondo, emotions of returning to TD Garden and more
Print Jay King, MassLive.com By Jay King, MassLive.com
September 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM

During a recent interview in China, where he's promoting his new Anta shoe, Brooklyn Nets big man Kevin Garnett discussed a number of Boston Celtics-related topics.

The 37-year old, traded to Brooklyn over the offseason, still keeps in touch with several of his former teammates, cherishes the time he spent in Boston, and trusts the Celtics will flourish even without him and Paul Pierce.

I transcribed all Garnett's Celtics-related answers below, but still suggest watching the video underneath.

On how he envisions his return to the TD Garden:

"I haven't thought about it. I'm pretty sure it will be emotional, very similar to when I went back to Minnesota and I was with Boston. I'm anticipating coming to the Garden as an emotional one, but more memorable than anything. My years in Boston will never be forgotten, I'll take those memories with me to my grave."

On the state of the Celtics:

"I think Boston's going to be fine. That team has always been proven, they always succeed, always push the envelope when it comes to winning, and they have good pieces up there -- Jeff Green, Rajon (Rondo), Brandon Bass, guys up there that's really hard-working guys, that will come in and compete every night, are going to put forth a valid effort. So they're not going to be shabby, not at all."

On his best memory in Boston:

"Obviously winning the championship was pretty memorable, but I have countless memories with the people I played with, good times."

On his worst memory in Boston:

"Obviously losing in the finals (2010). But I've had more good memories than bad in Boston."

On whether he and Pierce talked about the Brooklyn trade:

"We talked. We talked about the situation. We had countless and endless conversations about, ya know, just change and what we both were thinking and whatever. I looked at it like, as long as I'm able to play and have the will to play, that's what it is. He shared some of his own personal feelings about what he wanted to do. At the end of the day, Brooklyn was a good decision. It was a good pick for the both of us."

On whether he spoke to the young guys after leaving Boston:

"All of them, Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee, I kind of shouted out to all of them and told them that the move was what it was, and that there wasn't any love lost between me and those guys. It's just business. Those guys will be forever with me. If they ever need me then I'm right there. I called (Jared Sullinger) to make sure he was alright, I heard he went through a little difficulty (so I wanted) to make sure he was okay. I've been calling to make sure Rondo's okay, I've been checking on him because I know he's getting back for the season. But those are just things I do to people that I'm close to. I reach out to Courtney Lee and Avery Bradley every now and then to make sure they're okay."

On the most important thing he taught Rondo:

"About leadership. I feel like one of the things I always tried to stress to him is, when you're a leader, you lead by example. It's not a lot about what you say, it's a lot about what you do."

On whether Rondo can push the new Celtics back to the top:

"Absolutely. I'm sure he's going to push them to make the team better, and (president of basketball operations Danny Ainge) is going to do just that. The franchise has always been used to winning. They have a new coach and new system up there, so I'm thinking that's going to be a plus. I wish them all the best, man. I have no ill will towards anything in Boston."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics Empty Re: KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 am

what a class act, a true Celtic, he bleeds green.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics Empty Re: KG Discusses Love of the Boston Celtics

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:29 pm

I am truly going to miss him on the court this year. He really embodied everything that Celtic Pride means. It is tough to think about Pierce and Garnett as anything but Celtics.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 pm

KG has always been one of my favorite players, and it's really uplifting to see that he still cares for the guys he played alongside.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down