Font Color Problem

4 posters

Go down

Font Color Problem Empty Font Color Problem

Post by LilRip Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 am

all the posters names seem to be in a dark greenish-grayish font while being set against the dark green background. this color scheme makes our names really hard to read! i need to press ctrl+A to highlight everything or put my mouse over the name of the poster so that it'd get highlighted in black, thus making it more readable.

am i the only one who's seeing our names written in this font color? or is there some way for me to change the color of our names? (i'm referring to our names which is right underneath our avatar)
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Font Color Problem Empty Re: Font Color Problem

Post by pete Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:02 am

LilRip,

It is the same for me, I'm not sure how to change it, it maybe an admin. choice that Sam needs to make.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:05 am

Hi LilRip,

No, you are not alone with the font color that has contrast problems. I have similar problems when I cut and paste from Word.

The colors are inside out. When we type in the text editor box, it appears to be dark text in a light background. When the post appears, it is white text on a dark background. Somehow, the site programming swaps from one to the other automatically.

When I paste from Word, the font comes in black on the light background, but during the posting process, it doesn't change over to white. It stays black text and it has a poor contrast, like the screen names.

I manually change it to yellow so we can read it easier. That's why some of my initial posts have yellow text. It is not me trying to be fancy, it is only my work-around the contrast issue.

Sorry I can't offer a more substantial answer. Maybe Sam can tweek it a little to make it more visible.

Regards,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Rip. Welcome to the board.

I've been experimenting with the color thing since we began experimenting with the board. There is a color section in the Administrative Panel, and it alludes to "background 1," "background 2," and "background 3," as well as text and a number of other categories. I have now tried every single category that could possibly relate to any of this problem, and I can't make colors change. And, yes, I have always hit the "save" function and am told that the settings have been changed.

I'm going to make NYCelt, GYSO and Pete administrators so they will have access to this panel. They provided HUGE technical assistance that went well beyond my abilities in setting up the site (Pete even has his own Apple authorized store), and they have also offered to share moderator duties on occasion. Giving them full access to the controls is probably more productive than trying to work through the overseers of the Forumotion forums, because the access to them is convoluted at best (they're not in this country).

We do like this site very much, and we now seem to be at the fine-tuning stage. We want it to be as user-friendly as possible, and we'll keep you abreast of developments in that direction.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:16 pm

ahh, good to know that it's not just me Razz

ok Sam, hope you and the rest of the administrators find a way to solve this color problem.
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down