In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font"

4 posters

Go down

In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font" Empty In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font"

Post by gyso Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:46 am

I noticed that other boards have a "Sarcasm Font" that is easy to use and consistent.  We do not.

There is a way to change the font, and this morning, I tried to use Comic Sans for that purpose.
(I was a little too late as my post was quoted before I went back and changed the font) 

Here are a couple examples of fonts that are available.  Hopefully, we can all agree to use one of these when we mean to use sarcasm and don't want the opposite to be taken as our real meaning.

Normal FONT (as an example)

Comic Sans MS FONT

Times New Roman FONT

Verdana FONT

Impact FONT

Trebuchet MS FONT

Georgia FONT

There are a couple more fonts available using this button in the Edit Post box:

In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font" Font_b10

So far, Comic Sans MS seems to be the one that has the most obvious difference.  Maybe add italics?

Comic Sans MS FONT

In use:

Of all the lame-brained things I've come up with, this is the most lame!!!

Who agrees?

Back to top Go down

In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font" Empty Re: In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font"

Post by dboss Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:51 pm

I guess using a font that identifies the satirical nature of posts on this board, seems fitting for those that do not enjoy searching out the underlying meaning of a comment.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font" Empty Re: In search for an official Sam's Celtics Forum "Sarcasm Font"

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:14 pm

I like IMPACT with Italics for sarcasm, because there's no mistaking sarcasm for straight talk with them, just as there should be no mistaking sarcasm for straight talk without them.

Too bad there no font called 'Snark'.  Wouldn't want to leave anything to chance.    Rolling Eyes

Eye rolls are good too.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Jonathan Swift sure could have used a sarcasm font when he wrote A Modest Proposal. Too many English nobles thought it was a good idea, and during the Irish Potato famine 100 years later that group virtually acted it out.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down