Shav is Going Back to China

2 posters

Go down

Shav is Going Back to China Empty Shav is Going Back to China

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 pm

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/former-celtic-randolph-headed-china

Former Celtic Randolph headed to China
October 2, 2013, 4:15 pm

Two months after being waived by the Boston Celtics, Shavlik Randolph is returning to China.

CSNNE.com has learned Randolph will sign a contract with the Foshan Long Lions worth between $1.5 - $2 million for the upcoming season.

Last year Randolph played for the Foshan Long Lions before signing with the Celtics in March. The 6-10 forward averaged 4.4 points and 4.2 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game, proving himself as a reliable big off the bench.

Randolph, 29, earned praise from former Celtics head coach Doc Rivers as well as his teammates during his brief stint in Boston. He had hoped to continue his time with the team but they did not pick up the option on his contract in August. Following the decision, Randolph remained focused on continuing to improve upon the progress he made with the C’s.  

"I hope to build on what I did at the end of last season for a full season," he told CSNNE.com after being waived. "I think in a short period of time, I did some really good things and I just want to build on that. I want to continue to be a guy who can come in and play the five, the four if need be, rebound, be a hard-nosed defender. I've added a midrange jumpshot to my game, but I also haven't forgotten what's going to keep me on the floor -- that's rebounding, hustle, energy, finishing around the basket."

Just as he did last season, Randolph plans to return to the NBA for the remainder of the season following the end of the CBA season, according to a source.

Prior to the Celtics, Randolph had also played for the Philadelphia 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers and Miami Heat.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Shav is Going Back to China Empty Re: Shav is Going Back to China

Post by Berlin-T Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:46 pm

I wish him well, he really hustled and played hard on the boards for us.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down