JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’

+2
mrkleen09
6 posters

Go down

JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’ Empty JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’

Post by 112288 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:01 pm

WEEI

So, this exchange just happened.

Bill Simmons: “Clairvoyant Bill thinks Rajon Rondo has 20 games or less left as a Boston Celtic. He’ll play 20 games or under this year with the BOS next to his career stats someday, whether they hold him and hold him and hold him and just shelve him and waste the season and don’t bring him back until February and then give him some fake injury so they can tank, or whether they get 15 games out of him and then trade him.”

Jalen Rose: “Bill, this is why we give the people what they want. What you just described is the worst-kept secret in the NBA. Once you trade Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, the year before they lost Ray Allen, and you lose Doc Rivers, the next obvious domino is Rajon Rondo.”

BS: “If you’re going to blow it up, don’t leave one room in the blown-up house and be like, ‘I’m going to keep the living room.’ You blow up the house. They have to convince him that we’re going to take care of you with a max extension, but you gotta sacrifice this year. He didn’t play the second half of last year, so he’s going to give up a year-and-a-half?”

JR: “When Rondo shows that he’s back playing at an elite level, he will be traded from the Boston Celtics.”

Back to top Go down

JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’ Empty Re: JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:03 am

The only reason for DA to trade Rondo is if he comes back and starts back with his petulant, pain in the ass child routine. From what I have seen, watching him on the sidelines of every pre season game - Rondo has grown and understands this is his team now.

You need a few core pieces to build around and make Boston attractive to free agents. The chance to play with a great PG like Rondo is the main reason a free agent would consider Boston at this point.

Jalen Rose is not a big thinker....so I try not to put too much stock in his comments on ANY given subject.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’ Empty Re: JALEN ROSE TO BILL SIMMONS: RAJON RONDO ‘WILL BE TRADED’

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:11 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
Jalen Rose is not a big thinker....so I try not to put too much stock in his comments on ANY given subject.
Kleen,

You said it right there.

Reading through the exchange, Rose's point doesn't even make sense.  Why would anyone level a team when they had a young star to build around, unless, as you point out, that player's conduct was detrimental.  Rose completely ignores that with his non-sensical house analogy.  Someone should point out to him you rebuild from the foundation up, and Rondo is the foundation.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:25 am

MRK

CORERECT

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:10 pm

They are both idiots...

What's the best way to build a contender? Trade away a young, elite PG that isn't even playing on a max contract. Yeah, that makes SO much logical sense.

It's hard to build a team from the very bottom. Having guys like Rondo, Green, and Sully is more attractive to prospective free agents than a team without any semblance of a decent core.

Don't they understand that? I mean, if they watch basketball all of the time and follow it, surely they'd understand that basic of a principle as it pertains to building a contender.

I've lost all faith in sports commentators.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:53 pm

I dont think Bill Simmons is an 'idiot', he is probably my favorite younger writer on the scene - but this was not his best moment.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:20 pm

mrkleen,

You're right. He's not an idiot. I was just a bit flustered with the fact that almost every analyst thinks this is the smartest way to go. I'm baffled at the complete absence of rational thought these so-called writers continue to display. It's nothing more than "follow the herd" mentality instead of someone actually developing a position of their own.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Bill Simmons: Jalen, my sources inside David Stern's office tell me that next year - to combat the popularity of the NFL - the NBA will be ditching basketballs for footballs AND reshape the basket to make it more elliptical.
What have you heard?

Jalen Rose: Bill, I don't know who is feeding you that line of crap. That is not going to happen. The ball will stay round. They just gonna scrap the baskets and set up goal posts that are 18 inches apart with the crossbar still at 10 feet. The goal posts will be padded to protect the players. That's what I hear directly from someone who is actually manufacturing the goal posts.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:05 am

Hi,
I watched that episode on youtube.
My take on this is that they, BS and JR (maybe), understand that they're saying crap, but they're doing that on purpose: if they said something normal, logical - nobody'd watch this episode. IOW, they're just stirring the pot, controversy sells.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down