Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics

+3
Outside
Sam
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics Empty Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 pm

I love Bill Simmons, and I know he's a die-hard Celtic fan, but I think this is crazy stuff here.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics Empty Re: Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics

Post by Outside Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Yeah, I don't get this notion that the only way to rebuild is to completely blow up the roster, trade Rondo, and completely bottom out.

If they're really going to trade Rondo or come up with a secondary injury and shut him down after 15 games, then this whole "best buddy" routine between Stevens and Rondo will be one of the most disingenuous stunts I've seen in a long time. I don't buy it.

I think this is Simmons showing his cynical, emotional, semi-psychotic side. But he is entertaining.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics Empty Re: Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose Preview Celtics

Post by Sam Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Wow, they get paid for stuff like that? The least they could have done was to play a little Sam the Sham.

Sam the Sham
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Seems like a media stunt to get attention and makes no sense. We traded our old stars to build around the young one, yes. We traded our old and young stars to blow up the team and head to the bottom, hoping to get lucky (Wiggins), no. We traded our old stars and made sure our young one was completely recovered before he plays, knowing that the worse we do, the earlier we'll pick; maybe. Hawk.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 pm

sam wrote:Wow, they get paid for stuff like that?  The least they could have done was to play a little Sam the Sham.

Sam the Sham

OK, here you go...

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:21 am

The problem with sports in general is the mind-numbing crap that spews from prognosticators; the very know-it-alls that make blatantly erroneous claims and find themselves entirely off-base at the end of the year but somehow they manage to keep their jobs. I understand that they are paid to sound interesting but rational thought and common sense is almost always conspicuously absent from their analyses.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks, NY. Sally and I just danced a couple laps around the house.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

Definitely not one of Bill Simmons better pieces.

He is calling for surrender. Gen. Anthony Clement McAuliffe said "Nuts"

I'm going with the general on this one.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down