The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets

3 posters

Go down

The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets Empty The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-best-of-tommy-nets-preseason-1023.html

The Best of Tommy - Nets Preseason 10/23
Thursday, October 24, 2013
by FLCeltsFan   11:30 AM

I love Tommy Heinsohn.  I  love listening to him in games and I love reading his tweets.  I know that fans from our opponents would rather eat glass than have to listen to Tommy and that makes me love him even more.  Here are the best of Tommy's tweets from last night.

One thing Tommy always preaches is running. I think he's going to like these Celtics, especially when Rondo comes back.

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
On Brad Stevens & uptempo basketball: "One thing you gotta do is develop a philosophy and system of play. I believe he's already done that."
3:34 PM - 23 Oct 2013

For those missing KG's cooking analogies, Tommy has picked up the mantle and had one for us last night when discussing the fact that the Celtics are still working on their chemistry.

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
"Well, they're still putting the salt and pepper into the pot and seeing what's coming up ... Chemistry is still in the works!"
4:03 PM - 23 Oct 2013

I love Tommy even more because he shares my dislike, disgust, and distrust of the officials.

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
Mike was speaking with an official the other night: "You were sitting with the officials?! I'm not gonna sit with you anymore!!!"
4:13 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
Personal foul called on Courtney Lee: "That's awful. That is absolutely awful."
5:39 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Tommy knows what they need to do!

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
Crawford to Bradley for a layup: "That's what you need, a little penetration, find the open guy. I LIKE THAT!!!!"
4:27 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Not really sure if Tommy liked this or didn't like this. With Jordan Crawford, it's tough to figure out.

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
Jordan Crawford misses a 3, but grabs the offensive rebound: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????"
4:30 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Tommy bleeds green. He loves every one of these guys who put on the green. I honestly think if he could, he'd lace 'em up and be right out there with them.

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
Phil Pressey grabs the rebound, finds Bass for the dunk: "HIS DAD'D BE PROUD OF THAT!!! I think I'm proud of that!!!"
4:48 PM - 23 Oct 2013

And, of course, Tommy loves Vitor, along with the rest of us!

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
"Take a look at Vitor & the good hands he's got! It's the classic 'Get the guy under the basket and control the whole side of the floor!'"
5:35 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
"TAKE A LOOK AT VITOR! I love Vitor! V, for Victory! Right there, blocking shots!"
5:51 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
Vitor grabs the rebound off Pressey's shot & lays it up: "There's another #hustleplay! He's piling up #TommyPoint's all over the place!!!"
6:19 PM - 23 Oct 2013

Tommy Heinsohn @CSNTommy
"He was ever-aggressive on the boards, & he sure did a lot to help tonight!" With 15 pts & 7 rebounds, Vitor Faverani wins the #TommyAward!
6:56 PM - 23 Oct 2013

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets Empty Re: The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets

Post by sinus007 Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi,
No wonder Tommy is color man along with Mike-announcer.
What I like most about him, besides the "coloring", is that he can point out and succinctly describe good and bad plays by both teams despite being one of the "homiest" homie.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets Empty Re: The Best of Tommy - Pre-Season Vs. Nets

Post by Sam Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:51 pm

I feel badly for those who missed the Tommy and Cousy pairing as "color analysts." Big man perspective versus little man perspective; bleed green perspective vs. ultimate candor. Sometimes it almost seemed as though there were still sharing a conversation while they commuted to and from Worcester. One of the best pairings ever.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down