Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed

4 posters

Go down

Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed Empty Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed

Post by 112288 Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

SB Nation

By Kevin Zimmerman Oct 28 2013, 12:17p +

Howard Smith-USA TODAY Sports
The Boston Celtics big man will not be charged for an alleged Aug. 31 confrontation with his girlfriend.

Domestic abuse charges against Boston Celtics big man Jared Sullinger were dismissed Monday at a Waltham District Court, according to MassLive.com's Jay King. The Boston Globe's Dave Abel reports the victim refused to testify in court.

Sullinger faced three domestic charges for allegedly pinning his longtime girlfriend to the bed and floor on Aug. 31. After the Celtics forward turned himself in to police, a judge released him on a $5,000 bail and even allowed Sullinger to contact the victim.

In September, the second-year pro out of Ohio pleaded not guilty to assault and battery, destruction of property and witness intimidation, but prosecutors pushed to convict Sullinger even though the victim attempted to drop the charges.

Sullinger averaged six points and 5.9 rebounds per game in 2012-13 but underwent back surgery that ended his rookie campaign after 45 games played. The second-year forward won't have the legal troubles hanging over his head in a case he called "embarrassing."

Back to top Go down

Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed Empty Re: Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed

Post by Sam Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Hopefully a clean slate for Sully in both legal and health terms. He's one guy I'm looking forward to seeing on the floor, unfettered by limitations of one kind or another.

It's very possible that one thing we'll be seeing in the first half of the season will be a tacit competition between Sully and Bass for a long-term rotation spot with the Celtics. I'm not forgetting Humphries, but I'm thinking of him more as (1) relatively short-term and (2) shuttling between PF (mainly against taller opponents) and center.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed Empty Re: Jared Sullinger has domestic abuse charges dismissed

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:58 pm

It appears that the case against him collapsed when his girlfriend (ex?) told the district attorney that she didn't want to testify against him and, if subpoenaed and forced to take the stand, would "take the 5th".

I'm not glad this happened, Sully should feel embarrassed, but I am glad this is over.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:24 pm

I wonder whether Sully and the woman are now restricted in their ability to see one another. And whether either one cares. I see a movie in their future. Not big box office stuff but shown in places like the first drive-in—the Roman Forum.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Good to have this type of burden alleviated. I just hope he learned his lesson..

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:26 pm

KJ,

Between Sully's natural smarts and what counsel I bet he received from his dad, I think your hope is justified.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down