+3
dboss
swedeinestonia
Sam
7 posters

Go down

Boston Strong ! Empty Boston Strong !

Post by Sam Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 am

Hats off to the 2013 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox. They say that team chemistry doesn't win anything (I've heard that quote three times tonight). But maybe team chemistry can stimulate players to overachieve, and overachievement is exactly what describes this team best.

I've always thought that the extra special sports teams are those that represented a microcosm of the greater community. The Celtics of long ago arguably played a major role in furthering the cause of civil rights in the area. The camaraderie they continually exhibited offered proof to the area that the "25 men, 25 taxis" attitudes associated with previous Red Sox teams were the exception rather than the rule. The 1967 Red Sox convinced the citizenry that it's okay to dream, even in impossible situations. The Big Bad Bruins taught us that work approached in the right way can be fun. The Patriots have proven that true organizational class is a trickle down proposition.

As I watched this Red Sox team persevere and ultimately succeed, it became clear that they and the City of Boston have forged an amazing bond. In every conceivable way, the team personified the slogan, "Boston Strong." They were at once inspired and inspiring. They lifted a public spirit that had sagged even lower than the Sox had finished the previous season.

This was more than success. This was more than fun. This went beyond history. This was more than a World Series win. This was a genuine happening.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox on their achievement and their stewardship. We will never forget you.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Boston Strong ! Empty Re: Boston Strong !

Post by Sam Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:50 am

After I finished my previous post, I turned on the television, and guess what was on the screen. The last 30 minutes of "Fever Pitch," with Jimmy Fallon as a Red Sox fanatic and Drew Barrymore as his girlfriend during the memorable comeback against the Yankees leading up to the 2004 World Series. As I watched the film end to the sounds of my favorite sports song, "Tessie," I said to myself, "You know, there must be something to this karma thing."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:32 am

Fever Pitch was on Swedish TV a few days ago, I guess they saw it coming Smile
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 am

Great World Series win by the Sox.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:20 am

U guys remember the boy in the celtics championship parade that held up a sign that read "5 years old- 5 parades"

That kid as a boston sports fan has been thoroughly spoiled.

Congrats to the Red Sox!!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Boston Strong ! Banner10

Was a CRAZY night in Boston last night. Great story - last to first and a great bunch of guys on top of it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:31 pm

^Awesome pic.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:13 pm

The great run for Boston sports fans continues!  Sure has been a fantastic twelve years or so.

My move from Western MA back to just outside Boston is complete and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things on this Forum.  And most importantly, I'm now a 5 minute ride from Rosalie's instead of 2 plus hours.  We're talking the best cheesecake east of the Mississippi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 pm

So where are you living, Bob?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

In Newton a few blocks from where I grew up in a section of town called "The Lake." In a two unit house and my landlord downstairs is an old school Italian woman who feels her mission in life is to cook for me and for my dog Scout. We lucked out!

Plus all around the neighborhood are people I grew up with, and family and cousins are still in the area. I feel like Rip Van Winkle in many ways coming back to civilization after being away for 16 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down