Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others

4 posters

Go down

Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others Empty Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Flop warnings issued to Love, Mills, Pachulia and Brewer
By Royce Young | NBA writer
November 4, 2013 2:37 pm ET

You get a flop warning, and you get a flop warning...

The league has issued a flurry of flop warnings with Timberwolves' Kevin Love and Corey Brewer, the Spurs' Patty Mills and the Bucks' Zaza Pachulia getting tagged.

Mills' flop occurred Nov. 1 against the Lakers. On the play, Mills slid under Jordan Hill to attempt to take a charge and fell backwards with limited contact.

Pachulia's flop occurred Nov. 1 against the Celtics. On the play, Pachulia took a small bump from Jared Sullinger and fell on his back. He got the call.

Love's flop happened against the Knicks on Sunday. He had the ball and took little contact from Tim Hardaway Jr. and fell to the ground.

Brewer's flop also happened against the Knicks with him taking a screen from Tyson Chandler and attemping to sell the contact with an exaggerated fall.

All four players will be assessed a $5,000 fine for their next offense. They join John Wall who was warned last week, the first player of the season to receive one.

bob
MY NOTE: A $5000 fine to players who make millions? That's chump change. What a joke.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others Empty Re: Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:34 pm

bobheckler wrote:

The league has issued a flurry of flop warnings with Timberwolves' Kevin Love and Corey Brewer, the Spurs' Patty Mills and the Bucks' Zaza Pachulia getting tagged.

Mills' flop occurred Nov. 1 against the Lakers. On the play, Mills slid under Jordan Hill to attempt to take a charge and fell backwards with limited contact.

Pachulia's flop occurred Nov. 1 against the Celtics. On the play, Pachulia took a small bump from Jared Sullinger and fell on his back. He got the call.

Love's flop happened against the Knicks on Sunday. He had the ball and took little contact from Tim Hardaway Jr. and fell to the ground.

Brewer's flop also happened against the Knicks with him taking a screen from Tyson Chandler and attemping to sell the contact with an exaggerated fall.

All four players will be assessed a $5,000 fine for their next offense. They join John Wall who was warned last week, the first player of the season to receive one.

bob
MY NOTE:  A $5000 fine to players who make millions?  That's chump change.  What a joke.

Bob,

I think a better way to handle the fines would be to make it a percentage of your income.
All players get 1 warning.
Afer that, the penalties are 1% of salary, then 2% of salary, then 3% etc.
After the warning, Patty Mills would receive a 1% fine or $11,000 and Kevin Love's would be $147,000 because he makes $14.7m.
I think that will wipe out flopping in a fair and "stern" way for all players.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others Empty Re: Flop Warnings to Pachulia and others

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

bob
MY NOTE:  A $5000 fine to players who make millions?  That's chump change.  What a joke.

Bob,

I think a better way to handle the fines would be to make it a percentage of your income.
All players get 1 warning.
Afer that, the penalties are 1% of salary, then 2% of salary, then 3% etc.
After the warning, Patty Mills would receive a 1% fine or $11,000 and Kevin Love's would be $147,000 because he makes $14.7m.
I think that will wipe out flopping in a fair and "stern" way for all players.

TJ,

I agree! 100%.

How do we tell the league?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 am

Good idea TJ.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm

No more warnings. They were warned last year. Start suspending them without pay.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down