Syracuse Orange ......

Go down

Syracuse Orange ...... Empty Syracuse Orange ......

Post by beat Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Watched the 9th ranked team (pre-season) in the country last eve.....along with about 6,600 others in the vast indoor venue of the Career Dome. Lot more empty seats than there were fanies in them for sure.

Played the tough team from Canada, Ryerson University from Toronto in a exhibition game. Just how tough is Ryerson you ask, well they lost to McMaster 5 days ago. Where is that you say, eh? It's north of the border too.

SU won going away, won by a lot 81-46. That said SU did very little to impress me. Jim Boehiem stood motionless in front of the bench with arms crossed most of the game. He really is begining to look old, he needs to retire, NOW. Let Hopkins take over. Only CJ Fair played as expected, the rest mailed it in and that isn't gonna work in the ACC. Coleman is large but lives in the lane, Marcus and I counted multiple posessions where he NEVER got out of there and not once did a ref call 3 seconds. I'm willing to bet the coaches in the ACC will get in a refs ear real quick about that. Plus he's a Stevie Wonder at the line. Perhaps a grade above Fab Melo but only because he actully played hoops in high school. If he comes out as many think he will.....please DA steer clear and stay away.  Kid spends too much time at the dining halls.

Ryerson featured some smallish white kids that are from Canada, (heck the roster is full of Canadians go figure) but I gather those kids were terrible hockey players........but their hoops play isn't very good either.

SU's point guard is a newebe freshman Tyler Ennis, from dare I say from Canada.  He has potential, had his moments. He's in one of Marcus's classes and sits in the class........... and according to Marcus thats all he does, is sit in class.

SU has good size but darm if they could do as much as they should of against those 6'7 6'8" and 6'9" beanpoles that Ryerson put out there last eve. The heavyest of those 3 was 210. The other 2 were under 190. Coleman is 290.

Perhaps it was more that we don't have to do much to beat these guys type of game, but looking at SU's schedule they have as tough a one as they have ever had. Saying right now they loose at least 12 games and won't be in the top 10 very long.

Anyway the Orange won. Something I hope to have happen to the C's very soon.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down