MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA

+2
Sam
6 posters

Go down

MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA Empty MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA

Post by 112288 Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:56 am

This is an open question to name the most volatile players past and present in the NBA. I'm sure Sam can name quite a few.

Rahsheed, Artest for sure today.

Bill Laimbeer, Spreewell past.

Back to top Go down

MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA Empty Re: MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA

Post by Sam Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am

I'll mention Barkley and leave it at that. I believe technical foul stats have been kept only since 1970.

By the way, do you know who has been assessed the most technical fouls in history? (Hint: Think beyond playing years.)
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA Empty Technical foul leaders:

Post by gyso Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:32 am

Technical foul leaders:

Jerry Sloan, Sheed, Gary Payton, in that order.

http://tinyurl.com/ycehbo3

Scroll down to:

Personality

Payton is well-known for his trash-talk, and is often considered one of the greatest trash-talkers in NBA history. His trademark open-mouth, bobbing-head style on the court (combined with his 17 years in the league) led to Payton receiving the third-most technical fouls of all time (behind Jerry Sloan and Rasheed Wallace). This, along with other factors, earned Payton a reputation as a difficult, volatile, and somewhat egotistical presence in the locker room, which was further fueled by various fines and suspensions handed out to him by team management during Payton's last few years in Seattle.

Your hint did make me think first of Bobby Knight, but he was all college, not pro's.

gyso

Last edited by gyso on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added bold heading so bobc doesn't make another wrong guess)
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA Empty Re: MOST VOLATILE PLAYERS - PAST & PRESENT IN NBA

Post by carpecarpium Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:04 am

To me "volatile" means losing control. By this I would not include Bill Laimbeer as a volatile player. A huge part of Laimbeer's game was distracting his opponent with caculated and well-timed cheap shots. He was the master of this.

Hate to say it but one of the most volatile players I've seen was old Celtic Charlie Scott. Great talent and desire but he sometimes let his emotions get the best of him. One time he was called for a foul, howled in protest and then stepped into the lane as his man was taking the free throw to block the shot.

He got tossed from the game.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah, but Charlie holds the record for blocked free throws. I bet he's telling his grandchildren about that right now.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:05 am

Sam wrote:I'll mention Barkley and leave it at that. I believe technical foul stats have been kept only since 1970.

By the way, do you know who has been assessed the most technical fouls in history? (Hint: Think beyond playing years.)

Red?

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:07 am

I wonder how many technical fouls were assessed to Dennis Rodman during the course of his playing career? I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the top 10! -MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down