Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present

4 posters

Go down

Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present Empty Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present

Post by 112288 Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:12 pm

Just for fun on a rainy day, I was thinking about who had the Biggest Shtik or Act in the NBA Past or Present. A few who come to mind are Walt "Clyde" Frazier in his 1930's clothing style & fur coat and Rolls Royce, Denis Rodman and his Tattoos and rainbow hair dyes and Labron James and his rosin snow show he gives everyone at the scoring table each game.

Back to top Go down

Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present Empty Re: Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present

Post by jeb Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Daryl Dawkins had a pretty good act.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present Empty Re: Just For Fun ...... Who Had The Biggest Shtik In The NBA Past & Present

Post by spikeD Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Bill Russell had a goatee when facial hair was frowned upon, wore capes, opened a soul food restaurant in downton Boston, and used to tell opponents, "Bring the salt and pepper because you're going to eat the ball tonite."

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:20 pm

I guess this qualifies as both Loscy and Cousy schtick.

JIM LOSCUTOFF: "Cooz was almost like a freak. He was just over 6-foot and he was so skinny, but he had huge hands, long arms and big feet. He also had that French accent and he couldn't say his Rs.

"He would say, "I have great po-whiffel vision."

"Once, he did a commercial for Roman Meal Bread, but he called it, "Wo-man Meal Bed."

"We teased him about that stuff all the time."

s

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:01 pm

I don't think "shtick" is the right word for him, but the guy who comes to mind is Earl Monroe. Earl the Pearl. Black Jesus. The guy that Jesus Shuttleworth (Ray Allen) was named after in "He Got Game." They called him "Thomas Edison" because he invented so many moves. Handled the ball like it was on a string. Man could put on a show.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down