Checking in on Colton Iverson

Go down

Checking in on Colton Iverson Empty Checking in on Colton Iverson

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:12 am

John - Red's Army

Back in June, Danny Ainge wanted Colton Iverson badly enough to trade into the second round to get him.  Iverson is a 6’10″ bruiser out of Colorado State, in case you don’t remember, and he lived up to that “bruiser” billing over the summer.
“Fair to say you like contact?”

Yeah, definitely.

How do you feel after games?  Are you sore or anything?

No.  I feel great.  I could go play again right now if I wanted to
Iverson was caught up in a numbers game in Boston, and rather than let him go, Danny Ainge encouraged Iverson to sign overseas so he could get some valuable experience without the Celtics losing his rights.  

He ended up with Turkish powerhouse Besiktas.  Here’s a look at how he’s doing so far.

Earlier this week, Iverson had a season-high 16 point game on 7-11 shooting to go along with 9 rebounds.  His season-high for rebounds was 12.

Overall, he’s averaging 9.4 points and 6.5 rebounds in 11 games.  He’s shooting almost 59% from the field, which is nice, but he’s only shooting 44% from the line.  And he’s doing all this playing about 23 minutes a game.
So he’s doing fairly well.  It’s a good experience for the big guy and it’s a nice option to have for the Celtics.
If you’d like to keep up with him, here’s his player page.  

Back to top Go down