Colton iverson highlights

4 posters

Go down

Colton iverson highlights Empty Colton iverson highlights

Post by international Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 pm

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/turkey/69720/besiktas-colton-iverson-20132014-highlights.html

international

Back to top Go down

Colton iverson highlights Empty Re: Colton iverson highlights

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks intenational, he looks alot more physical than Steamer thats for sure.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:56 am

You are welcome Cowens,Seems to me that the kid can help the Celtics next year.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:54 am

international,

Thanks for helping keep track of this kid.  I liked his bone-crushing style in summer league this past year.  I realize it was just summer league but Wow!  His picks make Perk look like a marshmallow.

Back to this video, I don't think there's much doubt that Iverson can dunk, they show him doing that a lot in these highlights.  I thought he showed some nice instincts with his baseline backdoor cuts, which resulted in dunks.  Think of a 7', 265# Avery Bradley.  I also liked one sequence where he posted his man up on the low block, wasn't able to get what he wanted and passed out, and then re-posted and scored.  Nice two-man game by Iverson.  Didn't try to just do it himself and bull his way in, he saw that he was stymied and just gave it up and hit reset. Nice team play.

One thing that worried me, a bit, is that I read in an article that Iverson was saying that the Euro game is much less physical than what he was used to in the states and he needs to learn that game and how the refs call them.  I don't want him to get tooooo soft.  A little finesse and polish, sure, he could use it, but not soft.  I'm probably worrying about nothing since hard, physical play is his natural style.  He'll come back here, he'll be told by his teammates and coaches that it's ok to rock somebody's world and he'll go back to who he is and loosen some guard's teeth.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

Only hoop I didn't like was the one where he got an offensive board and really could have gone right back up but instead took a step away and got the shot off, still went in. Guy really doesn't look that big but he does move well as Bob pointed out.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down