Celtics Stat of the Day, 12/21/09

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Stat of the Day, 12/21/09 Empty Celtics Stat of the Day, 12/21/09

Post by Sam Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:47 am

Six games are just toe-in-the-water stuff for Tony Allen. However, after some early trick-or-treat tendencies, he seems to be settling down as a legitimate contributor.

Tony ranks second on the team with .084 offensive rebounds per minute played (not far behind the .094 of leader Sheldon Williams).

Tony ranks first on the team with .084 steals per minute played, (ahead of the .076 of Rondo, who leads the league in total steals).

Tony ranks fourth on the team with .453 points per minute played (behind only Pierce's .514, KG's .500 and Sheed's .466).

Tony's also one of the team leaders in turnovers per minute, but he has head ZERO turnovers in his last 39 minutes of particularly energetic play over two games.

IF, in fact, we're starting to see the "real" Tony; and, if he can continue to provide the instant energy, defense, rebounding, and slashing point production we're seeing lately; and, if he can stay under control while doing so; he would jump into the lead in the "pleasant surprise of the season" race, ahead of Sheldon. So, in an effort to preempt any comments about a "small sample," I'm suggesting some cautious optimism about Tony.

I'm not one for highlight videos; but, if you haven't yet seen the following, you should do so right away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suc5IY1umWw

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Celtics Stat of the Day, 12/21/09 Empty Re: Celtics Stat of the Day, 12/21/09

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 am

I noticed as soon as hes in,hes swarming on the perimeter,ussually gets a steal right away,if he can keep this up and last nights game was the most complete game I've seen him play in years,can't wait to see how we look when Baby gets back then Quis,who just lost his spot.....now we'll have 3 defenders to send at Kobe

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Sam,

Is what Eddie did an example of the "air dribble"? Tommy said something like that after the play.

Not the behind the back pass, but the poke over the other player up the court and then go get it?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Tony's biggest enemy has always been his head. If he can stop thinking about his injuries and play, he plays better. Clearly, he didn't even hesitate on that dunk despite a defender on him.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:48 pm

gyso,

Pretty darned close. Eddie's was more "long distance." It must have traveled close to 20 feet. Cousy would tap it just the forward distance of a regular dribble—barely enough to get it over the onrusher's head—and the ball would never hit the floor until he dribbled it. But I was thinking "air dribble" when I saw that move by Eddie, and it was very deliberate. He definitely had the element of surprise working for him because I couldn't believe (and neither could Doc) that Eddie beat the two Wolves to the ball. And the "on the money" pass was perhaps even more improbable.

It was a great play by both guys.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down