Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League?

5 posters

Go down

Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League? Empty Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League?

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 pm

If you'd like to see another player's shot chart, post his name and I'll go get it. I just thought Durantula would be the gold standard or, at least, a good place to start.

Jordan Crawford

Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League? BbZI8diCAAEUhIv_jpg_large

Kevin Durant

Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League? 8BiO+LSnYgImYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League? Empty Re: Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League?

Post by steve3344 Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 pm

SI says (according to Mitch Lawrence of the NY Daily News) that the Heat are interested in Crawford:

http://tracking.si.com/2013/12/14/miami-heat-interested-in-jordan-crawford/?xid=ob_blogs

Click on the link to Lawrence's article in the piece to see a lot more NBA scuttlebutt. The Jordan Crawford tidbit is at the very end.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League? Empty Re: Is Jordan Crawford the Best Mid-Range Shooter in the League?

Post by gyso Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:22 am

Here's a link to a NBC Sports article:

Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/14/report-heat-have-interest-in-celtics-jordan-crawford/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:30 pm

So letting the guy reinvent himself has not only made him an important part of this team - but causing other teams to notice. Glad we didnt cast him to the curb over the summer. Cool 
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:38 pm

So, the Heat want Crawford, huh? Amusing.

Since he's so tough I'm sure Wade can limp up and down the court for the year.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:52 pm

gyso wrote:Here's a link to a NBC Sports article:

Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/14/report-heat-have-interest-in-celtics-jordan-crawford/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

So, they want yet another shooter from us to back up DWade. I guess Ray isn't getting it done for them?

Who do they have that we'd want?

Here's their roster:

LBJ (sure, I'd trade for him)
DWade (with his knees?)
Bosh (we're already overloaded at 4)
Beasley (see Bosh, Chris)
Greg Oden (no thanks)
Ray Allen (I'll just leave that one alone)
Chris "Birdman" Anderson (35 years old)
Mario Chalmers (hmmm. He doesn't play much point with LBJ having the ball in his hands all the time and he's not a great shooter nor defender)
Roger Mason Jr.
Shane Battier (I love Battier and have always thought he should have been in green, but he's retiring and we wouldn't trade Crawford for an expiring contract)
Udonis Haslem (very solid player, but we're overloaded at his position)
Norris Cole (this is the first one that makes any sense at all. He can shoot and can run like a gazelle)
James Jones (excellent 3pt shooter, but a 3 and we're good on 3s unless Danny has another deal in mind)
Rashard Lewis (uh, no)
Joel Anthony (an undersized center. We already have one of those, we need height and beef)

They'll be picking very late 1st round, so not much value there either.

Unless I'm missing something I think we'd need another team to provide us with something we want because I don't see anything on the HEAT roster other than LBJ and maybe Cole I'd want. Essentially, they are center and true point-guard deficient like us and that's what we need.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:19 pm

BobH,

I don't see any conceivable trades that would bring in a decent player for Crawford.

Cole is a good defender and a solid shooter, but he lacks the Herky Jerky moves Crawford has. That and he has the range of a mortar with his 3pt shot.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down