UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS

+4
bobheckler
RosalieTCeltics
Sam
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS Empty UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:57 pm

UPDATE

YES, YOU CAN ORDER NOW!

TICKET SALES FROM OUR GROUP HAVE BEGUN WITH A GREAT RESPONSE - EVEN BOB HECKLER FROM SAN FRANCISCO IS COMING!

WHEN - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS - 8PM - TD GARDEN

YOU WILL CALL THE CELTICS GROUP SALES MANAGER WHO’S  NUMBER IS LISTED BELOW AND ANNOUNCE THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF:

SAM’S CELTIC FORUM GROUP.  GIVE YOUR NAME, CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND MAILING ADDRESS TO HIM: [/size]

MR. STEVE HUTCHINSON -– Direct: 617-854-8060 or
Celtic Office Number (1-866) 423 – 5849 – Ext. (8060)
Email:
shutchinson@celtics.com

He will process your credit card information and mail your tickets directly to your home. HOW EASY IS THAT!

If MR. STEVE HUTCHINSON is not available, please leave your name, telephone number, and organization (Sam’s Celtic Forum) and he will call you back to place the order.

TICKET PRICE & LOCATION -–  We have reserved section 327 – rows 5 & 6. Same location as last years gathering -  GREAT COURT VIEWS – COST $45.00 PER SEAT.  This is $20.00 cheaper per seat form last year for a PREMIUM GAME!

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS Empty Re: UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS

Post by Sam Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Should be a lot of fun.  Always great to meet and greet.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS Empty Re: UPDATE - SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Like last year, it was great!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:51 am

bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:12 pm

We are looking forward to coming

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:14 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 pm

btw, in addition to being in Boston for the game, I will also be in NY (Brooklyn, to be precise) the following week.

So, if any of my NY-based board brethren would like to hook up between 3/3-3/6 for dinner and/or drinks, let me know.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Bob,

Count me in. There is a Boston pub in NYC that has all the Celtic games on TV.

I am sure Steve and Cowan will show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:58 pm

If out-of-towners are interested in going to New York City and are concerned about hotel expense, my wife and I just made an incredible find. Actually, in our work at the local Chamber of Commerce, we met someone from NYC who tipped us off.

There's a guest house called the Leo House located on 23rd St. between 8th and 9th Avenues in Chelsea. It's six-story building with 70 rooms (about to upgraded to 80). It's been in existence since the late 1800s, having changed location from the Battery to its present spot many years ago.

It's actually owned by the Catholic Church but accepts all comers and doesn't even ask about religious affiliations. And I was initially concerned about being subjected to proselytizing, but there was absolutely none——zero. The people working there are a combination of laypeople and nuns, but we didn't know which was which because the nuns wore regular clothes. Actually the one person we knew was a nun proved to be pretty salty in her comments.

You enter under a regular hotel marquis extending to the street. The lobby if very pretty and contains loads of literature about New York City. On the second floor, there's a vast dining room that is very well-appointed with items such as china cabinets and even a spinet piano. They serve a daily breakfast buffet which is very complete. It costs an extra $9 a day, so you can choose to eat breakfast there or not. The diningroom overlooks a ground floor garden outside, where there are tables and umbrellas for use in better (and much warmer) weather than we had.

Also on the second floor is a beautiful reading room with nice couches and easy chairs. There is no WiFi in the rooms, but they have a separate room that serves as a business center where guests can use WiFi (free) or any of three computers for guest use.

The guest rooms are not huge, but ours was certainly large enough and very comfortable. The bathroom was large enough to house a toilet, sink, bathtub and shower, although they do have less expensive rooms with shared baths.

The people working there were universally very accommodating, with excellent senses of humor (which places of accommodation must have if we are to stay there).

They had one feature I've never seen at a hotel in NYC. Above the marquee at the curb is an orange light. If you want a taxi, you simply ask the desk person (someone's there 24 hours a day) to "turn on the taxi light." We never waited more than two minutes for a cab, even in the busy holiday season and at theater time. I believe the light helps a lot (and there's no doorman to tip). Also, Chelsea traffic is nothing like it is in Midtown or Uptown.

It's one of the safest area in the city, too.

The price? $140 per night. There is no tax because of their religious affiliation. We'll definitely make that our place to stay during future visits to NYC; in fact, my wife can't wait to get back there because it really was a lot of fun.

Their phone number for questions or reservations is 212-929-1010 X219, and their website is at www.leohousenyc.org. We made reservations by email, which worked out fine as we had confirmation within a couple of days and we booked at least two months early—a very good idea because they can fill up fast. They do bank the first night's deposit when you reserve, but they have stated policies for getting your money back if you have to cancel.

We stayed a couple of nights, which gave us an opportunity to scrutinize the place carefully, but we found nothing not to like.

Anyway, if you should take advantage of The Leo House, I hope you enjoy it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:04 pm

BOB,

FYI

Sam and a group met here to watch a Celtic playoff game.

Professor Thom's
219 2nd Avenue (between 13th & 14th Street)
212-260-9480
Jim McGuire, the bartender who started the Red Sox following at the Riviera Cafe, has opened his own bar in the East Village, which has become famous for "Play-by-Play Tuesdays." Pairs of Red Sox fans can sign up to do their own commentary, which is broadcast throughout the bar every Tuesday night that Boston has a road game.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:24 am

FYI Bobby H was there, he ate dinner with us in Chinatown the night before, a really great meal, maybe there was so many people at the playoff party the next day you forgot you met the pitbull.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:17 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:112288

FYI Bobby H was there, he ate dinner with us in Chinatown the night before, a really great meal, maybe there was so many people at the playoff party the next day you forgot you met the pitbull.

cow

Cow,

Hey! I resemble that remark!

The Pitbull
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:26 pm

bob guess you heard it before....

do we still need a location to meet at and eat before the game?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:26 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Ordered my ticket today!

Brandon has a tournament game that day, though his Mom is trying to talk him out of it and instead attend the Celtics game with us. Would be nice to have their first Celtics game be with the Forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Here's hoping that works out, Bob.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:09 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 pm

I just left a message for a callback by Steve to buy my ticket. My wife won't be attending the game, but she'll probably be on the scene before and/or after the game.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:01 pm

I finally sat down and remembered to call for my tickets this morning. Played telephone tag a few times, but Steve finally called back this afternoon and I got mine. Done!!! One less thing to try and remember at the right time! Bill and I will be at the game. Let me know about dinner arrangements, I am not much of an eater, but we would still like to meet up if at all possible.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Has anyone seen their tickets yet? Or will he send them as it gets closer to the event?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Rosalie, I hope you can make the dinner (wherever it's going to be). That's where most of the socializing gets done. At the game, aside from being focused on the game, you're most likely to get well acquainted with the people beside you.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Steve said the tickets would probably go out next week.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Thanks Rosalie - looking forward to meeting you as well Smile
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:30 pm

bump up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next