Pierce for Bynum? Hey, I don't make them up.

+3
gyso
kdp59
Sam
7 posters

Go down

Pierce for Bynum?  Hey, I don't make them up. Empty Pierce for Bynum? Hey, I don't make them up.

Post by Sam Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:24 am

I much prefer to compose my own posts rather than to report on things I see in the all-too-bizarre press. But this one just seemed too good to resist. It was either this one or another story about the Lakers likely signing Hedu Turkoglu, and I thought this one would spark more conversation. So Paul and KG wanted to play together so much that it may not even last half a season? I hear the two of them are going to start a theme park named Wacky World.

Sam

NBA Trade Rumors: Brooklyn Nets may trade Paul Pierce for Andrew Bynum

By Josh Hill - Jan 4th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

The most interestingly bizarre story in the NBA at the moment surrounds Andrew Bynum and his current situation with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Essentially, Bynum doesn’t want to play for Cleveland and the Cavs don’t want to keep him around. It’s not as toxic a situation as it sounds, but it’s nonetheless going to end in a trade.

That’s where things get interesting as it appears not a whole lot of teams actually want him but many are open tot he idea of somehow getting him if they don’t have to bet the farm. FOXSports NBA writer Sam Amico has some theories on where Bynum could land and one potential trade he brings up is a Bynum for Paul Pierce trade with the Brooklyn Nets.

The Nets lost center Brook Lopez for the year with a broken foot. Bynum is a center. The Cavs don’t really have a starting-caliber small forward. Pierce is a starting-caliber small forward. If the Nets were smart, they’d consider this. We don’t know if they’re smart.

Pierce hasn’t really panned out for the Nets and their season is circling the drain already. The only problem with this beyond the fact that the Nets wouldn’t want to give up on Pierce is that Bynum would be entering a severely toxic situation which might result in even more reclusive antics.

It’s something to consider, but if one thing is clear it’s that Bynum is on his way out and the Cavaliers could have more options than we think.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Pierce for Bynum?  Hey, I don't make them up. Empty Re: Pierce for Bynum? Hey, I don't make them up.

Post by kdp59 Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 am

new member here, followed the link from the Boston.com forum.....I tired of the trolls over there high-jacking threads with their childishness.

anyhow.

I kinda like this deal for Pierce.

the Nets are going no where, kidd seems way over his head as HC. and the player mix is definitely off.

Pierce could help the young Cav's with his vet leadership and THEY could actually make the playoffs with him there, IMO.

the articles I have read on Bynum, said his knees are shot and he doesn't have much desire to work hard through the pain to play.

this deal I could see happening.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Pierce for Bynum?  Hey, I don't make them up. Empty Re: Pierce for Bynum? Hey, I don't make them up.

Post by gyso Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:01 am

kdp59,

Welcome to the board.  I think that you will like what you find here.

I agree that the Nets do not seem to have the right mix of players to be contenders.  Why they chose Kidd as HC baffles me.  I understand that they were "thinking outside of the box" there, but seriously, Kidd?

The Cav's would make this trade any day of the week and twice on Sunday (IMO), but the Nets need a replacement for Lopez that can play big minutes.  KG can play some minutes at the 5, but as we saw last year with the 5-5-5 plan, it was hard for him to get into a rhythm with those limits.

With that being said, the Nets are extremely desperate to contend this year.  They went all in with the big trade with us, there is no telling how much more of their future they will sell for the now.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 pm

KDP,

Welcome Smile

In regards to the trade, go ahead, Brooklyn. Nothing else is working. Although, it would seem counterproductive to their original plans. I fail to see how a center with bad knees is going to lift them.

Or maybe Pierce is just having a truly abysmal year.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:08 pm

What a sad way for Pierce to end his career.  What did he sign for for this year? Since everyone says he will be a free agent next year, he has to be making a decent amount of money. I think he was signed by Boston so he could be traded with KG.  

I wonder if some of theses older players who think they can play until they are 40 should look at this as an example of what will happen at the end of their careers.  I bet KG is having regrets right now.

Sad. It is just the way I feel

Rosalie

Welcome to the Forum, you will find it most enjoyable!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:26 am

KDP,

Welcome to our forum.  I hope you'll enjoy the level and conviviality of the conversation we share.  If you're in a position to do so, maybe you'd consider participating in our game-on threads.  It's a great way not only to discuss the development of this team as it occurs but also to get to know fellow posters.

Being from Waltham, you might be interested in joining us at our board get-together on March 1 in Boston.  We'll be going to dinner at some moderately priced place to be determined and then to the Celtics-Pacers game, where we'll attend as a group.  All you'll pay will be $45 per ticket to the game (ordering directly from the Celts who have blocked out a group of seats for us) plus the menu price of your dinner.  Significant others are cordially invited.  There's a thread with details about the event and titled, "UPDATE - SAM'S CELTICS FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS."

Welcome aboard.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:43 am

sam wrote:KDP,

Welcome to our forum.  I hope you'll enjoy the level and conviviality of the conversation we share.  If you're in a position to do so, maybe you'd consider participating in our game-on threads.  It's a great way not only to discuss the development of this team as it occurs but also to get to know fellow posters.

Being from Waltham, you might be interested in joining us at our board get-together on March 1 in Boston.  We'll be going to dinner at some moderately priced place to be determined and then to the Celtics-Pacers game, where we'll attend as a group.  All you'll pay will be $45 per ticket to the game (ordering directly from the Celts who have blocked out a group of seats for us) plus the menu price of your dinner.  Significant others are cordially invited.  There's a thread with details about the event and titled, "UPDATE - SAM'S CELTICS FORUM - ANNUAL MEMBER GATHERING - MARCH 1ST - CELTICS VS. INDY PACERS."

Welcome aboard.

Sam

thanks for the invite.

I live in southern PA though I am afraid, so it would be a pricey game with airfare and such. Though since I've never been to a Celtics home game in my entire advanced life to date, sometime in the future may be possible.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 pm

kdp59 wrote:
sam wrote:KDP,

Welcome aboard.

Sam

thanks for the invite.

I live in southern PA though I am afraid, so it would be a pricey game with airfare and such. Though since I've never been to a Celtics home game in  my entire advanced life to date, sometime in the future may be possible.

kdp,

I know what you mean. I'm flying in from San Francisco.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Hey, what's the big deal? I'm swimming up from Cape Cod! Wearing an ice breaker on my nose.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:53 am

Guess the Cavs won't be considering Paul Pierce anymore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavs-acquire-luol-deng-from-bulls-in-andrew-bynum-trade-061718577.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm sure Paul is incredibly relieved not to be spending the remainder of this season on such an inferior team. (Sarcasm)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down