GRAET NEW BOOK - "THEN RUSSELL SAID TO BIRD" - DONALD HUBBARD

Go down

GRAET NEW BOOK - "THEN RUSSELL SAID TO BIRD" - DONALD HUBBARD Empty GRAET NEW BOOK - "THEN RUSSELL SAID TO BIRD" - DONALD HUBBARD

Post by 112288 Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Great new book out on the Celtics and tales of yesteryear and today.

One story centers around a former Celtic who would have fit in well with today's NBA players - BIG ED SADOWSKI - Played in late 1940's early 1050's.

SO THE STORY GOES................ Honey Russell the Celtic coach at the time told Big Ed at practice to make more free throws as he missed a few in a recent game.

Big Ed - I missed 3; the paper said four, he claimed.

Honey - Well whatever it was, you  missed one's you should not have missed, and it is all from a lack of practice.

Big Ed - Ah, you can throw all you want in practice. In a game they either go in or they don't. I'm not changing my style of shooting.

Honey - Shouting - no one asked you to change your style of shooting, but you'll practice shooting everyday here. I am the boss here, you are not!

Big Ed - You can give me my release now!

Another BIG ED STORY

Once during a game, Boston was not getting the ball often enough to suit Big Ed, so he called timeout.

Big Ed - See those people up there? he asked in the huddle, gesturing toward the stands. Those people came to see Big Ed score. But Big Ed can't score if Big Ed doesn't shoot the ball. And Big Ed can't shoot the ball if Big Ed doesn't have the ball. SO LET'S PASS THE GODDAMMN BALL TO BIG ED!

You just cannot make this stuff up!  Yep talk about team basketball!  LOL

Back to top Go down