Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He?

+6
Sam
k_j_88
swish
Matty
gyso
bobheckler
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Celtic Has The ONLY Above Average Offensive Rating?

Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap17%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap0%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap8%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap17%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap25%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap8%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_lcap0%Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Empty Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He?

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:35 pm

The offensive rating says "how many points does the team score, /48 minutes, with this player on the floor?".

The league OR average is 102.6 points/48 minutes. The Celtics, as a team, has an OR of 98.7, 23rd in the league. This player's OR is 105. He is the ONLY player on the Celtics with an OR above 102.6.

It takes into account every 5-man unit each player plays on, so it reflects his offensive impact on the team as a whole.

Let's get some votes in first, then I'll post the article that gives the answer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Empty Re: Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He?

Post by gyso Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:48 pm

I guessed Jeff Green

Back to top Go down

Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He? Empty Re: Only One Celtic Has An Above Average Offensive Rating - Who Is He?

Post by Matty Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:32 pm

I went with avery, but sully has me second guessing, but then, mebbe Wallace,.. I dunno..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Chris humphries

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

I voted Kelly Olynyk.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:10 pm

bump
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Bob, you've really got people going here. I wouldn't have a clue. But I'll guess Sully.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Final bump, answer will be given tomorrow. Answer is as of the date this thread was started and does not include last night's game.

Opine while the opinin's good.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Humph
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 pm

I am going with Bass, he has been pretty steady, a few rough games, but it is almost a trick question. You could go with Kelly, he is a rookie, anything he scores is above ?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:53 am

Lol... but then I thought "what if it WAS Bogans?"

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

Here is the definition of Offensive Rating (OR) from Wikipedia:

"Offensive Rating" is a statistic used in basketball to measure either a team's offensive performance or an individual player's efficiency at producing points for the offense. It was created by author and statistician Dean Oliver.

For teams, the formula is: 100 x Pts / (Tm FGA + .40 x Tm FTA - 1.07 x (Tm ORB / (Tm ORB + Tm DRB)) x (Tm FGA - Tm FG) + Tm TO)[1]

For players, the formula is: Offensive Rating = (Points Produced / Individual Possessions) x 100

Points can be produced through field goals, free throws, assists, and offensive rebounds. Individual possessions are the sum of a player's scoring possessions (field goals, free throws, plus partial credit for assists), missed field goals and free throws that the defense rebounds, and turnovers.

(Back to me):

The league average OR is 102.6.  The Boston Celtics' OR is 98.7.

So, who is the ONLY Boston Celtic whose OR of 105 is higher than the league average of 102.6?

Kris Humphries.

Whether it's hitting his reliable mid-range jumper, or setting and holding solid picks to break teammates free for passes or shots, or running the floor on fast breaks or grabbing offensive rebounds to give the Celtics another possession (and another chance at scoring)...

Hump's DA MAN!!!

Congratulations to Swish and Worcester for getting the correct answer.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:55 am

With age comes wisdom.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:21 am

Not surprised in the least bit. He's been great.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:36 pm

keeper, once we get a 5, we sure are gonna have alot of great sidekicks at the 4.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Good for Humph. He has quickly become one of my favorites on this team.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Oh well, it makes sense, he is the most consistent guy on the team. Setting himself up for another good deal at the end of the season if he makes it that long. Right now they would be foolish to trade him.

Hey Worcester, how are you? Married yet?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Ugh. Rosalie, what a disaster. 9 weeks ago I got a text at 7 a.m. telling me how much she loved me and how terrific we were. A 11 a.m. she was texting that she could never see me again and God was telling her she could never marry or be with a man again! I haven't seen her since, despite repeated entreaties by me. Nor have we talked. Just a few silly text requests from her for free medical advice. I'm recovering well, and I certainly don't hold God responsible for her decision making. Still, it was a sad holiday season for me. If anyone you know needs a barely used engagement ring, just let me know. She sent it back to me via her acupuncturist.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:10 pm

I am so sorry. Nothing like a broken relationship to put you into a funk. Are you coming in March? I certainly hope so. I have told my hubby what a great guy you are! Please be there so we can finally meet.

Keep your chin up, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, better before than after.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 pm

W

Sorry to hear about things.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Rosalie, I am doing ok. Really. I have so much to be thankful for, including the support of many good friends. It also helps that I have no regrets about my actions and have tried to do the right thing consistently by Deb, including praying for her ultimate good. Life is good. God is good. Just wish I could say that about the Celtics this year. I'll probably see you March 1st...just have to sort out my work responsibilities.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Rosalie, I am doing ok. Really. I have so much to be thankful for, including the support of many good friends. It also helps that I have no regrets about my actions and have tried to do the right thing consistently by Deb, including praying for her ultimate good. Life is good. God is good. Just wish I could say that about the Celtics this year. I'll probably see you March 1st...just have to sort out my work responsibilities.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Worcester,

I hope you can make it on March 1. After all our correspondence in the past couple of months, I'm happy to know that you're in a good place and getting better.

Later.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Sam, you were a big help. I'm really doing well now. Thanks. Fortunately I'm super busy with work. Good luck riding out the snowstorm.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks, W. About 10 inches of snow so far. More tonight and tomorrow morning. Power still on.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next