Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day

4 posters

Go down

Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day Empty Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Per A. Sherrod Blakely

#Celtics HC Brad Stevens anticipates the team will sign Chris Johnson to a second, 10-day contract.

— A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN) January 27, 2014

He's averaging, in 26.8mpg, 10ppg on .483%, 29.4% from 3, 3.3rpg (1.3 offensive), 1.0assists and .5TOs and pretty good defense.

Not bad for a guy who just showed up with the last drop of rain and no training camp.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day Empty Re: Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day

Post by Sam Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 pm

No surprise here.  Congratulations, Chris.

One thing I haven't read about him is that his talent and approach to the game make him an ideal element in a year of development.  He works extremely hard, no matter what.  (He's one of the few Celtics who is constantly moving on offense and who consistently plays "honest" defense.)  He's aware of the need to fit in well; just watch how well he spreads the floor on offense and the way he doesn't force anything. He visibly communicates surprisingly assertively for a rookie.  He's not outwardly awed by anything.  And he possesses a brand of confidence that doesn't required constant stroking by the coach.

I don't expect the same extension for Vander Blue, but one never knows.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day Empty Re: Chris Johnson To Sign Another 10-Day

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Congrats to CJ. He's been impressive and I hope he does well.

I was hoping Vander could get some time, too. A slasher to the hoop is actually a breath of fresh air from the stifling three pointers.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:39 pm

KJ,

I'm beginning to think the worst thing that has happened to the Celtics recently was their effective barrage of three-pointers three games ago. I wonder what Brad thinks about their "bombs away" mentality and what, if anything, he does to address it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:45 pm

sam wrote:KJ,

I'm beginning to think the worst thing that has happened to the Celtics recently was their effective barrage of three-pointers three games ago.  I wonder what Brad thinks about their "bombs away" mentality and what, if anything, he does to address it.

Sam

His first mistake was encouraging it. His second mistake was allowing it to continue.

I honestly wouldn't care if Sully could hit threes as long as he was good in the post. Jeff is a superior athlete that settles for long jumpers. Pressey typically takes threes and he's not exactly a shooter. At least Bradley, Bass, and Humphries understand their range and are the best at consistency. Kelly, like Pressey, is hardly an outside shooter.

There needs to be a schematic change to the offense. Settling for jumpers is not outworking the other team.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 am

Yep

Definite issue kj

I think they put up 26 three points shots against Crooklyn.

Green Rondo and Pressey were the main culprits.

Bass was 6 for 6 from the field. They should have looked for him more

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 pm

The only thing I've heard publicly about the Celtics shooting threes was encouragement by Brad of Sully and (I believe) Olynyk. If the number one objective of this team this season is development, how can 26 three-pointers be part of a development scheme? I just don't get it!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down