+5
cowens/oldschool
mrkleen09
RosalieTCeltics
Sam
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

URGENT MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO WILL ATTEND OUR MARCH 1 EVENT - Page 2 Empty Re: URGENT MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO WILL ATTEND OUR MARCH 1 EVENT

Post by Sam Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Wow, the Trifecta. Thanks, gyso. Looking forward to seeing both of you.

I'm editing my summary accordingly, and I'm suspecting that (with the possibility of a couple of additions to the brunch), this will be the final tally.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

URGENT MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO WILL ATTEND OUR MARCH 1 EVENT - Page 2 Empty Re: URGENT MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO WILL ATTEND OUR MARCH 1 EVENT

Post by worcester Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:40 pm

I've never been to either place and have no preference. Skip is the owner but he doesn't really need the business, and I don't owe him any favors, so whatever works best for everyone is fine with me. The one thing I do like about Kinsale's is that it would have a private dining room for us with tall ceilings. I have no idea what the accomodations are like at Boston Beer Club, but I do like that it's closer to the Garden for those who have mobility issues. Just let me know if I need to contact Skip to reserve his place or not. W
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Sam, we will be parking under the Garden. As I read the directions, we will go out the East exit, walk down Causeway to Canal? I may be from Massachusetts but we hardly ever troupe into the city these days. Can you remember when you could park for free on the street outside the Old Garden, go to the game and scoot out without traffic?
Ha, those were the days.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Rosalie, I'll repeat what I mentioned on the most recent Game On Thread concerning your old days comment. For a few days, my avatar will feature a very hazy picture from the front page of the Boston Herald, in which I'm shown at the head of an overnight playoff ticket line. They took the picture because I had brought a folding chair after years of having slept on the pavement in such circumstances. You can barely make out my head, lower than the others, slightly to the left of center in the photo.

Great memories indeed!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:22 pm

112288 and Sam, So what's the verdict on the venue? Should I tell Skip we'll be at Kinsale's or Boston Beer?

Speaking of the Old Garden, while driving for Checker Cab of Cambridge, I once dropped off a fare there in 1977 just after a Celtics game. Eight NBA refs piled into my cab and asked me to take them to the airport. I had the two jump seats in the back so the cab was designed max for six plus the driver; still they all managed to squeeze in. Then they stiffed me at Logan with a very measly tip for one when they should really have paid for 8 fares. I've never liked NBA refs since. Why there were 8 refs at a game I'll never know.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Final notification for Attendees: Details of our March 1/2 Celtics weekend:

March 1:

We'll convene at 4:45 p.m. at Boston Beer Works; 110 Canal St.; 617-896-2300.

5:00 p.m. Socializing and dinner at Boston Beer Works (19 scheduled attendees)
(Recommended parking in TD Garden Parking Lot.)

7:00-7:30 Go a couple of blocks to TD Garden

8:00 Game time: Celtics-Pacers (18 scheduled attendees)

Who knows what after the game?

March 2:

9:30 a.m. Sunday brunch at Wenham Tea House (7-9 attendees) (978-468-1398)

From Boston Area:

1 Take Route 128 north

2) Take the RT-1A N exit, EXIT 20A, toward Hamilton.

3) Turn slight right onto RT-1A/Dodge St. Continue to follow RT-1A.

4) Turn left onto Monument St.
Monument St is just past Cherry St
Wenham Public Library is on the corner
If you reach Arbor St you've gone a little too far

5) #4 MONUMENT ST is on the right.
If you reach Cherry St you've gone about 0.4 miles too far

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2