Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009?

+3
mrkleen09
beat
MDCelticsFan
7 posters

Go down

Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009? Empty Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009?

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:17 am

With Glen Davis hurt Again! With Rondo nursing a bum hamstring! With Capt. Pierce reeling from a knee infection, a caldron of toxic vibes emminating between Perk & KG, it seems we're trying to see our destination through white out blizzard conditions! Losses are mounting to teams that we would normally have taken for granted as chalked up to the "WIN" column are infecting our run to reclaiming the title Pierce has stated was "Stolen from US," Many negatives, more than a photgrapher's dark room are derailing the Celtic effort these days. I guess this just shows how quickly the wheels can come off the cart in the NBA! The C's need some good Karma FAST, or King James in Cleveland will turn the '09-'10 season into his coronation!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009? Empty Re: Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009?

Post by beat Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:25 am

MD

Sun is shinning here.
Remember no one said this would be a walk in the park.

April is a long ways off.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009? Empty Re: Is the Season Slipping Away Faster than 2009?

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 am

I understand that not everyone can be a glass half full kind of guy, but some of the negativity out here is just amazing.

Celtics are still on top of the standing in the East. Still have the best away record in the NBA. Are still the best defensive team in the NBA. All of this with injuries to many key contributors.

Losing two in a row to mediocre teams isnt a good thing, but come on guys all of this doom and gloom is entirely premature.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:13 am

Wow, "cauldron of toxic vibes." MD, what inside knowledge do you have that would lead to that conclusion? Stuff far more volatile than that example of leadership happens routinely in the NBA—much of it in locker rooms and on practice courts where we (thankfully I guess) never know about it.

Playing with someone like KG means, among other things, being held up to a certain standard. This is the third year in which Celtics fans have been grateful for the presence of that standard. Remember the hue and cry when KG wasn't on the bench last season? That was because so many people felt the Celtics missed his intensity, determination and
leadership.

Last season, it was in evidence when Glen Davis wept on the sideline. True, Glen eventually got into a fight...but not with KG. The only lasting repercussion I saw was that Glen became a more assertive player
who stepped up big-time during the playoffs.

Many people (including yours truly) have maintained since the start of the season that this team was going to be a work in progress for quite a while. That work involves more than simply chemistry. It involves developing an identity. And one necessary ingredient of that identity was maintaining intensity. Who better to impart that mentality on a consistent basis than KG? We complain about lapses, and now are we worried because there is an antidote?

The injuries are unfortunate because they interrupt the identity process. But, as far as I know, none of them is season-ending, and two-thirds of the season still lies ahead. We've already seen one possible silver lining in the emergence of Tony as a contributor. Let's see how it plays out.

Meanwhile, what are the Lakers' excuses? The absence of Walton? Where is their antidote? A guy who will take on more of the burden himself, which historically has been bad for them?

We need to settle down and realize that not everything goes perfectly over 82 games. Take a look at today's Stat of the Day to get a little perspective. Then take two aspirins and call me in the morning. LOL.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:21 am

Sam: I'll have to make due with Tylenol! (LOL)-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:25 am

Hang in there, MD. It's not pleasant, and I'm thinking of calling my dentist for a root canal, just to avoid writing a second consecutive unpalatable post-game piece—and I don't even need a root canal.

But this is just one of those times when team and fans alike have to hunker down and pay their dues. That's why they pay the players and us the big bucks.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:30 am

Sam: "Hunker Down" That reminds me of a Keith Jacksonism more commonly associated with College Football on a Saturday afternoon in the Fall. When Keith said "Whoa Nellie" he wasn't referring to Don Nelson. Sam forget the root canal, maybe a Winter vacation to the Panama Canal! (LOL)-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am

Just what I love - a positive thinker! You run into these types of games every now and then. Let's not hang them out to dry just yet! Come on now, slipping away????????????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 pm

youse guys

They looked really slow to rotate. The warriors knew it. Seems like it's our turn in the garden of Gethsemane. My guess is we will toughen up and face it and will be better off for it.

Has anybody heard anything about Davis?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:04 pm

beat wrote:MD

Sun is shinning here.
Remember no one said this would be a walk in the park.

April is a long ways off.

beat

beat,

Well put.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down