Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract

4 posters

Go down

Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract Empty Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4711486/babb-signs-second-10-day-deal

Babb signs second 10-day deal
March, 9, 2014
MAR 9 10:00 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics assistant general manager Mike Zarren pulled Chris Babb aside after Sunday's game and asked a question he already knew the answer to: Want to stick around?

"Yeah sure, why not?" Babb playfully said he replied. "I’ll stick around for a couple more days."

The Celtics will ink Babb to a second 10-day contract on Monday, keeping the rookie swingman on the roster for at least six more games. Boston is getting healthier, with starting shooting guard Avery Bradley eyeing a return on Friday, but Babb has impressed in short bursts and provides depth during a busy stretch of the late-season schedule.

Through four appearances, Babb is averaging 3.3 points and 1.8 rebounds over 13 minutes per game. The undrafted guard, who was a final cut out of training camp in October and spent much of the 2013-14 season with the Maine Red Claws of the D-League, has proven to be a competitive defender and an invested teammate.

Celtics coach Brad Stevens had said earlier in the night that he hoped Babb would stick around.

"I’d really like to have him around and ... all indications are that everybody feels that way within our organization," Stevens said before Sunday's win over the Detroit Pistons.

What would Babb like to accomplish over these next 10 days?

"Hopefully I make a couple more shots, but that will come," he said. "I’m just really focusing on just playing hard when I get into game, when I get my opportunities. Play hard, be prepared, and know the role. Just continue to do what I’ve been doing."

Babb is savoring the opportunity, knowing that simply getting a chance at this level is sometimes the hardest part.

"That’s 90 percent of the battle, just getting a shot, because there’s so much talent," said Babb. "In the D-League, guys coming out of college, veterans -- so all it takes is for some guys like me is a chance. I was fortunate enough to get one."

bob
MY NOTE: Congratulations, Chris. If his shot starts dropping...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract Empty Re: Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract

Post by Sam Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm glad to hear this news.  I had thought he had a previous 10-day contract, which would have prevented him to sign a second one with the Celts.  I look forward to seeing him getting a little court time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract Empty Re: Chris Babb Signs Second 10-Day Contract

Post by gyso Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm

At the end of this 10-day contract:

He will sign a vet minimum multi-year non-guaranteed contract.

I wish the lottery was that easy!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Like his game. Hope he can stick.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down