Wyc And Danny Are Selling Tickets

3 posters

Go down

Wyc And Danny Are Selling Tickets Empty Wyc And Danny Are Selling Tickets

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/3/26/5549100/wyc-grousbeck-and-danny-ainge-are-selling-season-tickets

Wyc Grousbeck and Danny Ainge are selling season tickets
By Jeff Clark  @celticsblog on Mar 26 2014, 9:27a 3

Wyc And Danny Are Selling Tickets 20130705_kdl_bt1_004.0_standard_709.0
USA TODAY Sports
The PR machine is humming.

Does it seem like we've heard a lot from Danny Ainge, Wyc Grousbeck, and the whole Celtics front office lately?  That's because we have, and it is a deliberate, strategic, and completely understandable tactic aimed at getting season ticket holders to re-up for another year.  You see, the team stinks currently, and the best commodity they have to peddle is the future.

I'm paraphrasing and condensing, but here are the overarching bullet points the C's management is trying to get across to their customers.

Remember 2007 when we traded for Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen?  We COULD do that again (and we've got even more draft picks this time around)!  Have you seen my 2008 ring?
If we don't win the Draft Lottery (odds lean in favor of us not) that's no big deal.  The draft isn't as awesome as everyone is making it out to be.  [Note: If we win the lottery, that will pump up sales by itself.  The danger is losing sales if we don't win it.  Science.]
Danny loves making deals.  He's good at it.  Just ask us.
Look how great a job Brad Stevens has done so far!  He's the next big thing in coaching and he's ours for a long time.
We LOVE Rondo, ...no really.
It is important that we stay patient and wait for the right opportunity.  This is a process.
Did we mention that we could make some trades?  Plus Boston is a great place for free agents.  No really.
Wyc and the owners are winners.  They are patient enough to wait out the process but driven to succeed.  Plus they are fans, just like you!  They GET you.
Fireworks!

Like I said, this is exactly the right thing to do.  I ain't mad at 'em.  In fact I applaud them for it.  Go get that money guys.  Sell me on your dreams because I eat this stuff up.  It is music to my ears and it makes me excited for the offseason.

You can tell Ainge is already excited too.  This is, after all, his offseason.  Between the trade deadline and the end of the regular season all he can really do is scout (both in college and around the league).  When the offseason starts though, that's when things get fun for him.

Danny Ainge tells Celtics season ticket-holders team is in good position - Sports - The Boston Globe

The team is preparing for the draft and free agency, Ainge said. "At that same time, once our season ends, the trading period opens up again," he added. "The three D’s — development, deals and draft — are how we build our team."

Giddy-up trader Dan.  Giddy-up.

bob
MY NOTE:  Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, until it's showtime and that begins on April 27th, which is the deadline for early draft eligibility (i.e. Embiid, Wiggins, Parker and Randle have to declare if they are in or out).  The next BIG date is May 20th, which is the lottery.  So, only 32 days to go before we find out what this year's pick might be worth (if those four stay in school, the bottom falls out of the draft hyped as "the best draft in a decade") and 54 days to the draft where picks become players.  THEN, there's the free agent signing moratorium, when the deals are cut in the back rooms but aren't official (like the trade with Brooklyn last summer, which was "announced" on draft day).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Wyc And Danny Are Selling Tickets Empty Re: Wyc And Danny Are Selling Tickets

Post by Sam Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 pm

This article is one step below gibberish.  I haven't heard or read anything out of the norm from the Celtics front office, what with weekly radio interviews and occasional interviews during or around games and media types routinely pestering everyone ad nauseum.  So, this jerk can skip the "we" part of his opening question and admit that he fabricates what he feels will create interesting reading.  I wouldn't care if they were trying to sell season tickets; it's part of their livelihood.  But this bozo is trying to make something out of nothing unusual.

And, unfortunately, every time I fix something around the house, I have to be reminded about these nitwits by looking inside my tool box.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Unfortunately, the article was poorly written.

As for the subject matter, of course they are trying to sell tickets. That's their job. But in this case, at least the Celtics do have things to look forward to as a result of shrewd moves. It's not as if the team is going nowhere and they are trying to sell the situation as something else.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down