Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten

+5
swedeinestonia
jeb
Sam
RosalieTCeltics
9 posters

Go down

Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten Empty Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 pm

The Globe reported that Lester Hudson was waived this afternoon. I guess they had to guarantee his contract by today, or waive him. This shocks me. I really thought they liked this kid. I guess if he gets through waivers they can sign him to a 10 day contract, does this make any sense?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten Empty Re: Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten

Post by Sam Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Rosalie,

The couple of stints in Maine suggested that they were evaluating him as this decision drew closer. Giving him a little game time with the big boys probably solidified that (1) his main value would be as a project and (2) Tony has more immediate impact in helping at the point. If they don't re-sign Lester, it also opens the way for Lue to come on board.

Personally, I felt Lester had more upside than Walker. But who knows what they're thinking. I hope Lester gets another shot, either with the Celts or someone else. I sort of got to like the kid, who seemed to have his head on straight and was filled with ambition.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten Empty Re: Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I agree with you there Sam. I thought the kid was much more mature than alot of players just in the league. I know he is 25, but, he seems to have his head on straight. Too bad, I was hoping to watch him develop.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

I hate to see that. Hard ol world.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Ya, thats so bad I thought the kid had something but I guess his age went against him. I am sure a team will pick him up. I suspect there must be something in the works for a point guard or a forward that they had to clear a roster spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 pm

that wuz my first thought
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Now the question is who?

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Hire the guy to play 1on1 with Rondo for shot improvement if nothing else. Seems to have worked so far! Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Something has got to be up, either they are going to activate Lue or they have someone else in mind. It definitely has to be a point guard though, because they have no one to back up Rondo who is capable of playing the point well. Tony Allen is not a point guard! Neither is Daniels, but he is okay
to fill in at times. They need another guy on the bench, that is all, and my guess is that it will be Lue. He practices with the team, has learned all their plays, and is still young enough to play. I just wish it was someone else, he has never been a favorite of mine. I think he must have some good basketball smarts or their wouldn't have hired him as a coach or whatever it is that he does.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 am

Rosalie

somethin is coming. danny is up to something good. they LIKED Lester.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 am

I totally agree, I just would like to know what.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:16 am

If they liked Lester and cut him, I'd hate to see what they'd do to somebody they didn't like! I really hope it's not paving the way for Lue, Lester was better than Lue, Lue was never an impact player! Maybe if we get a metal detector at TD Garden, and the Wizards void Arenas' contract, we can make a run at him if he gives up his six guns and semi automatics!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:10 am

Hudson has gotten a lot of pine time for Memphis, but he came off the bench to help beat the Lakers:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/feb/02/nothing-net-lester-hudsons-shoot-first-style-gives/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Why can't we get players like that? Hudson Gone..............but not forgotten Drunken_smilie

[Edit: Rosalie, I changed the name of your thread a little. I didn't want to just start a new one for this]
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:30 am

Good for him. Seems like a nice guy.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:If they liked Lester and cut him, I'd hate to see what they'd do to somebody they didn't like! I really hope it's not paving the way for Lue, Lester was better than Lue, Lue was never an impact player! Maybe if we get a metal detector at TD Garden, and the Wizards void Arenas' contract, we can make a run at him if he gives up his six guns and semi automatics!-MD.

mdcelt,

If they were making room for Lue, wouldn't he already be activated?

This is strictly business, MD, not personal (I'm channeling Michael Corleone now).

I'm presuming you were just joking about Arenas.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:08 pm

My thoughts exactly. For a while I thought that he was going to join the team on the bench, but since nothing has happened yet, I doubt very much if this is in Danny's mind. Good for Hudson, I wish we had kept him and developed him a little. This could be one of the one's that got away.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down