A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs

+3
sinus007
beat
Sam
7 posters

Go down

Who would you rather have on your team—Paul George or Kawhi Leonard?

A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_lcap29%A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_lcap57%A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_lcap0%A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_lcap14%A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Empty A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs

Post by Sam Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 am

Who would you rather have on your team—Paul George or Kawhi Leonard?  And, if you have the time and inclination, what are your reasons?

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited by sam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Empty Re: A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs

Post by beat Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 am

Both are young Leonard turns 23 later this month, George is 24. Both are pretty good shooters. Overall stats are reasonably close. Both are around 6-7 or 6-8 and in the 210-220 range.

To me it comes down to whom is more "coachable" who would work better under a coach like Stevens.

If George was playing under Pops could he have achieved a similar outcome? Perhaps. System.....good players.....chicken/egg type stuff.

Really they only are as good and look as good as the players around them and the system they are in, make you look, but if I had to chose it would be Leonard. If only for the reason he appears to be more "coachable."

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs Empty Re: A Strictly Hypothetical Poll in the Wake of the Playoffs

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:49 am

Sam,
I didn't understand option #3. I thought it's "strictly hypothetical": Celtics, by whatever miracle, have opportunity to get either PG or KL?
Anyway, I voted for KL. The reason is that judging by what i saw in the finals - he completely bought the concept of team basketball. PG, being arguably a better player, is not so much.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:56 am

They're both outstanding talents.  Leonard has better teammates and has less pressure on him to lead.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Leonard assumes greater responsibility to play at a high level on a daily basis.

Duncan, Parker, Manu and Diaw aren't getting any younger.

So, how's that as a dodge of the question?

I guess I have to be in the ranks of the "undecided."

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 pm

I voted Leonard, though I think Paul George is a very good player.

I think Leonard is a rare type of defender who can guard stronger players than George can. I also like his calm, quiet confidence and the fact that he does everything within the framework of team and scheme.

It's not that Paul George is terrible in those areas, but I think he's shown too much of tendency to go with "LeBron or Kobe mode," where he feels compelled to personally take over a game with his offense. Considering my deep respect for the team game that the Spurs have just demonstrated so elegantly, I'm going to go with the guy who is exceptionally talented and also epitomizes that type of team play.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Kawhi Leonard.

He's humble, he works hard, and he's hungry.

Paul George probably is gifted with more pure talent, but he hasn't yet done anything.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Thanks to those who are participating.  I'm really enjoying the thought being put into the answers—and especially the recognition that, although you're comparing two players, the teammates surrounding them are extremely important.

Sinus, I'm sorry if answer #3 was confusing.  A good multiple-answer poll doesn't omit any response possibilities.  I just wanted to allow for the fact that someone might not want either of them, which is what I would answer if asked whether I'd pick Lebron or Kobe in their primes to be a member of the Celtics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 am

Sam,
You're good. After reading option#3 carefully (my bad - I just didn't understand it) I agree.
Anyway, the last sentence in you post is kind of a provocation. Is it for a new poll? If yes, then I say Kobe hands down.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:58 pm

I see why everyone would choose Leonard, he is a fighter, not afraid of any player, judging from the way he played LBJ.

I feel George was surrounded by players who were not 'TEAM" players.
Some were playing for contracts, trying to outplay others and just not
playing as a cohesive unit. Remember this is a guy people were talking
about as MVP the first half of the season. He is such a talented guy.

I take nothing nothing away from Leonard, he is exciting, fearless, and so young. Apples and oranges.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down