Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76

2 posters

Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76 Empty Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76

January 23, 1965

Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76 196501230BOS

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76 Empty Re: Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 76

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Judging from the dates of the two most frequently posted box scores, sometime between January 8 and 15, 1965, Wilt must have been traded from the San Francisco Warriors to the Philadelphia 76ers.  Yup, I looked it up, and it was January 15.

Unlike my post concerning the San Francisco game, Russ only had 4 points in this one.  However, I stand by my statement that—over the course of his career—he scored a surprising percentage of his team's points.  And Wilt was "held" to only 16 in this one.

This time, the third quarter turned the tide in the favor of Wilt's team.

I believe Syracuse was the nastiest pit in which the Celtics ever played.  And the Syracuse crowd particularly hated the Celtics.  Even more so in this game because the Syracuse Nationals team had become the Philadelphia 76ers after the 1963 season.  The Celtic players had to dodge soda/beer cans and listen to waves of vitriol when walking (more likely running) down the runway.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down