Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics

4 posters

Go down

Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics Empty Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:56 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/07/mike_moser_boston_celtics_have.html

Mike Moser: Boston Celtics have offered a training camp invitation

Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics 15390694-mmmain
Boston Celtics' Mike Moser, left, looks for a teammate to pass to as he is defended by Orlando Magic's Aaron Gordon, right, during an NBA summer league basketball game in Orlando, Fla., Thursday, July 10, 2014. (AP Photo/John Raoux)

Print Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com
on July 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. – After opening some eyes in the Orlando summer league, Mike Moser said Friday that he has received an invitation to Boston Celtics training camp, but isn't sure yet whether he will accept it.

“(The Celtics) were really excited about my progress," he said. "Danny Ainge had a lot of nice things to say about me."

Though Boston concluded the summer league at 3-2 with a 95-86 loss to the Pacers in the third-place game, Moser pitched in 16 points and 10 rebounds. Scoring from inside and out, leading the occasional fast break, and hitting more 3-pointers over the week (11) than anybody else on the roster, the forward posted averages of 13.6 points and 4.8 rebounds. He was active and productive all week, fighting for rebounds and post positioning with admirable energy.

"I tried to play as solid as I could and show I could play multiple positions and stretch the defense with my range and defend," Moser said. "I think I did that for the most part.”

The 23-year-old's mix of shooting and rebounding is intriguing, but, even if he goes to training camp, he could be a long shot to make the team. The Celtics already have 17 players under contract, two more than the NBA allows. Barring another significant shakeup (which is still possible), they will need to drop players, not add them. Moser might want to see if another team with a more hopeful situation calls him.

"Basically it’s just a waiting game," he said. "I’m a free agent so we will see what happens."

bob
MY NOTE:  Good for him.  He was the most consistent scorer, other than maybe Orlando Summer League God Kelly Olynyk, we had.  I wouldn't blame him, however, if he decided to play for another team in Vegas or didn't take our invite, at least, until he sees Danny make some more trades that reduces the roster.  That could happen as early as Monday, when Pressey's contract has to be renewed (or not).  That might have been why Phil was throwing up so many shots. Maybe not so much pressure, but the coaching staff telling him to shoot so they can see him hit them or not. Even so, that would bring us down to 16.  Assuming Babb is gone, :-(, that's still the roster maximum of 15.  He'd be competing with Chris Johnson for the last slot.  We could use depth at 3, but can he play it?  Does he have the speed?  Johnson is a whippet and has shown good aggressiveness on defense (he whippets good.  Thanks, Devo).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics Empty Re: Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics

Post by dboss Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Bob

I think Johnson is gone.

When was the last time he made an open shot?

Babb is gone too.

Pressey is a keeper.

Moser player well and that other wide body wearing #60 played well in the post. He is an undersized center so he should fit right in..

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics Empty Re: Mike Moser Receives Camp Invite From Celtics

Post by 112288 Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:08 pm

THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN 6 MONTHS.  THIS KID IS REALLY ...SNEAKY GOOD AND HE SLIPPED UNDER THE RADAR.

HE CAN SHOOT, REBOUND AND ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE IN THE RIGHT POSITION EITHER TO GET A REBOUND OR BE THERE FOR A PASS TO SCORE.

UNLESS HE HAS A BAD FALL TRAINING CAMP AND DOES NOT MAKE THE TEAM....BY MID YEAR THIS KID WILL START AT SMALL FORWARD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 pm

I believe Moser can play the "3" position, and he will match up pretty well physically with some of the bulkier threes out there (not mentioning any names). I actually believe his defense is underrated, and his stroke is better than that of either Johnson or Babb. So is his penetration ability.

Please accept the invitation, Mike. I believe that, even in the unlikely event that there are no more personnel moves in the offing, you'll see at least two (if not all three) of the following players dismissed: Pressey, Babb, Johnson.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down