Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon.

3 posters

Go down

Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon. Empty Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon.

Post by international Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 pm

https://youtu.be/trJg7FxOeHI

international

Back to top Go down

Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon. Empty Re: Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon.

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:53 pm

international wrote:https://youtu.be/trJg7FxOeHI

Smart looking very good in the first 15 minutes, so far.  The defensive pressure by the USA in the 1st quarter is absolutely ferocious.  Holy Cow!  Full court almost every possession.  It's like we've got a whole other gear on defense the Lithuanians don't have  and have never seen before.  Close to multiple halfcourt violations by the Liths as they struggled to just get the ball over halfcourt.  No Valanciunas for the Lithuanians this year.  Brad Stevens would be ecstatic if we pressed like that (although it might not work as well in the NBA, I don't know) but the energy level he would kill for.  I'm telling ya, the full court pressure is quite, quite impressive by the USA.  For the Liths, 6'6" Gregonis' name pops up a lot.  He's breaking the press more than any other Lith and he's scoring and passing against Gordon.   Gordon scored a few buckets but they were on these weak, little flip shots in the lane that I don't think would make it in the NBA.

A lot of outside shooting, a lot of 3s, by the Liths.  They're also doing a very good job on the O-boards.  Physical stuff, sometimes going over each others' backs to get the ball.  We're getting a lot of penetration.  7 points by Smart in the 1st quarter.  25-16 USA after 1.

2nd quarter starts off much the same.  Ferocious full court defense by USA.  The Lith PG would try to spin away from his defender and he'd spin right into a USA defender that came to double.  Maybe bad communication by Lith players to each other.  You gotta call out picks and doubles, guys.

Gordon doing a little bit of everything.  Scoring, stealing, passing, rebounding.  47-26 at the half.  A 10 point 10-minute quarter for Lithuania.

Announcer says that after an "inspirational pass by Marcus Smart to die for" that Smart is "taking this game by the scruff of the neck" at about 1:02 mark.

Liths are doing a better job of breaking the press in the 3rd, but it's still taking a lot of time off the clock.  At least one 8second call.

Liths seem to do a good job on the O-boards but not so good on defensive boards.  When we get the ball underneath we are just bulling it in.

Winslow with a big game for the US.  72-44 after 3.

Tough +1 by Smart at 1:23:10.  You really see his strength and ability to take contact.

100-60 final score, USA wins.  100 points in a 40 minute game.  Love it.

Thanks, international.  I needed a hoop fix.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon. Empty Re: Fiba under 19 world championship 2013 Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon.

Post by international Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm

You''re welcome Bob.
I was impressed by Smart leadership and he is very fluid as a point guard.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Good for Marcus.  Wow, do I wish the Celtics would defend full court.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down