Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks

2 posters

Go down

Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks Empty Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:31 am

Released by the Lakers who, according to rumors, planned on re-signing him after he cleared waivers.

This must have something to do with the salary cap and holds and stuff I don't understand because the Lakers already had Marshall as a minimum salary player. Maybe TJ has a clearer explanation for this.  I understand the Lakers need to clear cap space for Jordan Hill's $9M/year and for Nick Young's $5.5M/year and for Lin's $15M but a vet's minimum is a vet's minimum is a vet's minimum.  Or, I guess, it isn't.

$29.5M for those 3 players?  That's a lot of money.

According to Hoopshype, the Lakers have 6 players under contract for a total of $55M.  That does not include the presumed eventual signings of Jordan Hill and Nick Young for an additional $14M+, which will bring it up to $69M.  $69M, for 8 players on a rebuilding team.  Amazing.

Milwaukee has 11 players under contract for a total of about $48M with 3 more on Team Options including Marshall, Middleton and Wright.  Sanders, Mayo, Ilyasova, Zaza, Parker, Delfino, Brandon Knight and The Greek Freak.  Not great, but not tooo bad, some nice pieces.  So, their roster is pretty filled out right now.  For, let's call it, with the 3 options, $53M.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks Empty Re: Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:41 am

Bob,

Here is a more accurate list for the Lakers salaries.
They have $66.5m for 12 players.
Clarkson is unsigned, but will be the 13th player at the rookie minimum.
I didn't think Marshall was going to make the Lakers anyway.
They really don't need him.
They have Lin, Nash and want to give time to rookie Jordan Clarkson.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks Empty Re: Kendall Marshall Claimed Off Waivers By The Bucks

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:49 am

tjmakz wrote:Bob,

Here is a more accurate list for the Lakers salaries.
They have $66.5m for 12 players.
Clarkson is unsigned, but will be the 13th player at the rookie minimum.
I didn't think Marshall was going to make the Lakers anyway.
They really don't need him.
They have Lin, Nash and want to give time to rookie Jordan Clarkson.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

TJ,

Ah, I forgot the salary hit is only a little over $8M. He gets paid $15M thanks to the genius of Daryl Morey.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down