MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada

+4
RosalieTCeltics
tjmakz
k_j_88
8 posters

Go down

MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada Empty MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada

Post by 112288 Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:48 pm

CSNE

Celtics big man Kelly Olynyk hurt his wrist while playing for Team Canada in Spain, was held out of game against Turkey on Sunday and is returning to Boston, according to a fan's tweet posted on Bleacher Report.
Canada did not qualify for the FIBA World Cup but has been playing international games in Europe this summer. Olynyk, the second-year 7-footer from British Columbia via Gonzaga, averaged 8.7 points and 5.2 rebounds for the Celtics in his rookie season. He last played for Team Canada Aug. 7 against Spain.

More from Bleacher Report:

The fan report (tweeted to @CelticsBlog) indicates Canada coach Jay Triano said Olynyk had suffered a wrist injury and had returned to Boston. Canada has only one more international friendly game remaining after today on their European tour so Olynyk leaving the team early shouldn’t be alarming in terms of the severity of the wrist injury since he would have been probably been returning to Boston next week anyway. With that said, we are still trying to get additional confirmations on Olynyk’s ailment, so it’s something to keep an eye on moving forward.

Back to top Go down

MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada Empty Re: MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada

Post by k_j_88 Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Starting to think the extra games just aren't worth it....

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada Empty Re: MORE GREAT NEWS - Report: Olynyk injures wrist playing for Canada

Post by 112288 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 am

YEP!

A WRIST INJURY TAKES A LONG TIME TO HEAL ALSO.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 am

112288 wrote:YEP!

A WRIST INJURY TAKES A LONG TIME TO HEAL ALSO.

I hope not too long.
I broke my wrist playing basketball a little over 6 weeks ago.
I hope to get back out there in two weeks (with a brace).

Hopefully Kelly isn't out long.
He has a lot of talent.
I am expecting that he will make significant strides this season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:53 am

As long as he allows himself to fully heal...nothing good comes from a nagging injury.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Wrist, ugh.  That can be the kind of an injury that will keep bothering him time and again during the season once it heals.  

My son broke both big bones in his wrist playing basketball years ago. He has a bump on his arm still, granted he was young and he was still growing. We
don't know how bad this is so we should wait and see.

I wonder what the story is with Vitor. No one is talking from the Celtics front office.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:06 pm

I really dislike all the unnecessary, money-making games that involve NBA players.  What's the upside, except for some stoking of egos that haven't experienced the satisfaction of winning the real world championship?  And the downside can range from unfortunate to catastrophic.

Let's hope Kelly's injury is only unfortunate.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Kelly is joking with reporters about how "yes, I did tweak my wrist but no, it is not career-ending".

At the time, he was not wearing any wrap or brace on his wrist.

I think we can relax.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:33 pm

You know what happens, the wonderful "writers" first report "Olynk with "severe" wrist injury. Everyone panics.

I use the term "writers" loosely. I would rather call them bloggers!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Good to hear it's not serious.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:03 am

I hope Bob is right, that it's nothing, but I agree: these extra game are risky. I think the Kelly-Sully duo this year, if healthy, might show us that we have all we need at pf going forward. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:59 am

Having Bass and Sully and KO is really not a luxury.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:03 am

dboss wrote:Having Bass and Sully and KO is really not a luxury.

Dboss

dboss,

I agree. I don't think being 3 deep at 4 is a luxury. If all 3 of them step up their games this year, and I expect the two young'uns to show improvement since they are at the front of their learning curves, then having THOSE 3 would be a luxury. How many teams can throw high quality 4s at you in waves, especially when at least one if not two of them can play 5 also?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Having three players at a position represents only about one-fifth of the five positions.  What's the big deal?  The big deal is that, if they're all good enough and/or experienced enough, they may come to represent much more than one-fifth of the payroll.  And there's the potential rub.  But I don't believe the contracts of Sully and Kelly come close to creating that situation.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down