4 posters

Go down

Davis Fined $25 G By NBA Empty Davis Fined $25 G By NBA

Post by 112288 Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm

C’s Davis fined $25K for outburst

By Mark Murphy
Thursday, January 21, 2010 - Updated 1m ago
+ Recent Articles + Recent Blog Entries + Email
E-mail Print (0) Comments Text size Share Buzz up!
The Celtics [team stats] learned this afternoon that Glen Davis will be fined $25,000 for his outburst in Detroit Wednesday night, when the Celtics forward responded to a heckler with an obscene phrase that was loud enough to carry over both the team’s television and radio broadcasts.

Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck, openly critical of Davis last September, when Big Baby broke the thumb on his right (shooting) hand during a fight with an associate, chose to keep his comments closer to the vest this time.

"The NBA will be fining the player," Grousbeck said via text message. "We will keep our discussions with him in-house."

The NBA assessed the fine for directing inappropriate language toward a fan.

Davis was repeatedly called "fat boy" and then "chubs" by a fan who identified himself as Scott Zack. Davis declined comment after the game, but later posted his regrets on Twitter.com

"I’m a tough competitor and I’m proud of the work I’ve done to get in shape and be at the top of my game," Davis said in his first tweet.

He added in a second tweet, "That said, I shouldn’t have said what I did. My apologies to my fans and my teammates."

C’s coach Doc Rivers was not happy with Davis after Wednesday’s loss.

"Then shame on Glen," Rivers said Wednesday night. "To the victors go the spoils. I tell our guys that when you lose a game, they have every right to yell and say whatever they want. You’ve got to be strong enough to walk away, and that’s not the fan’s fault, no matter what he said.

"We know about it, we have to walk off the floor, so shame on Glen Davis. I’m upset that we lost, and people call me names walking off the floor. It’s part of the game. Win the game, and you get a lot of people quiet."

Allen Iverson [stats] was the last player fined for this infraction, incurring a $25,000 penalty during a game on Dec. 16, 2008 while still a member of the Pistons.

Back to top Go down

Davis Fined $25 G By NBA Empty Re: Davis Fined $25 G By NBA

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 am

Davis has taken a BIG STEP BACK this season. He really needs to look in the mirror, man up and then grow up.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 am

I think now Big Baby has a target on his back and Danny and Wyc are taking aim, stay tune!

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 am

Hopefully, Big Baby can trade that Target for a Wal Mart! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:53 am

Here's an idea Glen, instead of getting vulgar with a fan that is riding you....Why the hell don't you go get some more rebounds, make some more shots, score some more points, steal some basketballs...shut someone down of defense? You keep that up and the hecklers will eventually quiet down...and even if they don't, you'll be winning more and caring less.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down