Celtics catching a break

3 posters

Go down

Celtics catching a break Empty Celtics catching a break

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 am

Blazers' Roy to miss 2 games with hurt hamstring
Portland Trail Blazers' Brandon Roy, left, goes up for a shot against Philadelphia 76ers' Andre Iguodala in the first half of an NBA basketball game, Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)
January 22, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore.—Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy will miss the team's next two games after aggravating a right hamstring injury.

Roy re-injured the hamstring late in the first half of Portland's 98-90 victory at Philadelphia on Wednesday night.

The two-time All-Star was originally injured during the third quarter of the Blazers' 120-108 home victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Jan. 13.

Roy is averaging 23.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and five assists.

The Blazers visit the Celtics on Friday night before playing at Detroit on Saturday. Jerryd Bayless is expected to start for Portland in Boston.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Celtics catching a break Empty Re: Celtics catching a break

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:56 am

Steve,

Don't fail to mention the even bigger break for best record in the East we are getting from up there in CLE. While I was initially shocked at the announcement for MW, because I like the guy, injuries were inevitable for CLE. That's a pretty big punch in the gut amounting to 12-15 games.

Yes, they beat the Lakers last night. We beat ORL as well immediately after our bad news and it's been hell ever since. Ala Buster Douglas. More pressure for LeBron and the city o' CLE. He seems up for the challenge. Good luck on getting everyone else to step up. If he can pull this one off, I will notch up my respect for him. But looking at the Celtics and all the talent they have, they haven't been able to figure anything out yet themselves during this bs period.

Unfortunately for us, I'm expecting another nail biter with or without Roy tonight. Although the only bright spot, (not checking the current news yet to be certain) is KG is back. I'm pretty sure he is pissed and spittin' nails!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:50 am

We won't know until about 10:15pm tonight whether we caught a break or not. If it goes in the "W" colimn then it's a break. The way things are going now for the C's, it pays to take nothing for granted!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down