NYCelt
LACELTFAN
Sam
spike
8 posters

Go down

The Coming Storm Empty The Coming Storm

Post by spike Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Looking at the Cs' upcoming schedule is a heartwarming experience for those who were hoping to see some exciting basketball. My prediction is 'Pain'. Pain for all our coming victims, I mean, opponents. We are getting healthy just in time. They better batten down the hatches, because the Cs are the coming storm.

Thursday - at Orlando
Friday - at Atlanta
Sunday - LAL
Monday - at Washington

Tomorrow, of course, before that grueling stretch, we have a tune-up with the Clippers, those dastardly doods who stole a game from us out there. Prediction? Pain.

spike

Back to top Go down

The Coming Storm Empty Re: The Coming Storm

Post by Sam Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Spike,

I hope you're right.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:06 pm

It's obviously not a realistic prediction, Sam, just wishful thinking and a chance to repeat one of my favorite movie lines. To win all 5 games would seem to be a little beyond this team's current state of playoff readiness, what with injuries and lineup fluctuations and the pre-injury condition of negotiating new offensive roles.

My only real prediction is great basketball. There's no way this team will roll over and play dead in any of these games, except for maybe Washington, when the legs will probably feel like rubber. It's definitely more a test of whether this team is championship worthy. It also will give an indication of the commitment of this team to each other. They're on the road for basically all four games, in and out of Boston only long enough to get more underwear.

The Celtics could come out of this stretch in excellent shape for the rest of the season. The greatest challenges are the greatest opportunities, it always seems to me.

You gotta wonder in each of their minds which game they think is the most interesting. My guess would be LA in the Garden next Sunday, where they haven't played well for 48 minutes yet this year. They'll each probably say that every game is equally important, but they're human beings. That's the most important game of the 5 for them to win, if you ask me.

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Spike,

I suspect they're genuinely trying to take it one game at a time and mainly to get in a better rhythm. In some ways, I look at a stretch like this as an advanced training camp against a testing variety of regular rotations.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I think the one predictable thing about this year is that it will be hard to predict.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 am

Spike,

It will be an interesting stretch. To me it's almost comparable to the mid-term exams the schools are having this time of year. It may be a good indicator of what we need to work on the rest of the year.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:03 pm

By the way, does anyone think that the Celtics are going to roll the Clippers tonight? Normally, all things being equal, this would be a good night for the starters to get some rest for the coming storm BUT does anyone think that this will come easy tonight....Clippers are back to back and C's are at home with a little score to settle, but nothing seems to come easy lately, so..... Question
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi,
I think it's going to be a close game tonight. I hope Celtics will stay active in the beginning of the 3rd and 4th quarters.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:42 pm

LA,

Let me look into my crystal ball in order to properly address this question...

Just a minute...got to polish it up a little better...OK, here we go;

Not a blowout, but a close game and win for us. I think I'm seeing 98-95.

A decent night for Ray hitting two threes on the way to 19 points. He has three assists to go with it. 15 points and 8 rebounds for KG. Look here, 14 rebounds for Perk, 4 offensive. 7 assists and a steal for Rondo, 4 boards and 6 points off the bench for Williams.

On the other side the Clips outrebound us 44 to 40, no wait, a little haze from the cloud cover here...make that 44 to 41 and Camby has another decent night grabbing 18 rebounds, 5 on the offensive end. Kamann leads their scoring with 24 points and Davis does not commit a single turnover.

During the game Tommy will roundly criticize the officiating, especially after inconsistent calls back-to-back on both ends of the court involving moving picks set by Butler and then Pierce. Pierce will get whistled, Butler will not. Inexplicably Tommy will then shift his conversation with Mike to the best apple pie he's ever eaten in a restaurant.

Disclaimer: crystal ball accuracy is not 100%.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

[quote="NYCelt"]LA,

A decent night for Ray hitting two threes on the way to 19 points. He has three assists to go with it. 15 points and 8 rebounds for KG. Look here, 14 rebounds for Perk, 4 offensive. 7 assists and a steal for Rondo, 4 boards and 6 points off the bench for Williams.

On the other side the Clips outrebound us 44 to 40, no wait, a little haze from the cloud cover here...make that 44 to 41 and Camby has another decent night grabbing 18 rebounds, 5 on the offensive end. Kamann leads their scoring with 24 points and Davis does not commit a single turnover.

During the game Tommy will roundly criticize the officiating, especially after inconsistent calls back-to-back on both ends of the court involving moving picks set by Butler and then Pierce. Pierce will get whistled, Butler will not. Inexplicably Tommy will then shift his conversation with Mike to the best apple pie he's ever eaten in a restaurant.

Now that last paragraph is really hard to believe!!
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm

NYCelt wrote:LA,

Regards
I think you're on to something NY.....My suggestion to the league is that, since we just did this...let us put a W in our win column and and let the Clippers go on to their next opponent...Then everyone gets the night off, we get the win, which is the way it should be, and the Clippers don't have to tire themselves out only to come up with an L. By the way, where is the best apple pie in Boston, according to Tommy? Nothing like a great slice of apple pie a la mode....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm

LA,

Works for me.

The crystal ball didn't specify location so we'll have to watch the game and see what Tommy says.

Sam, Bob, or someone else who's spent time in the area might also identify a particular favorite, although Bob is known to be partial to cheesecake.

beat,

Really! Imagine Tommy getting on the refs.

Regards

Last edited by NYCelt on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm

NYCelt,
you think that Williams will play instead of Scal?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:29 pm

sinus007 wrote:NYCelt,

AK

AK,

All I know is that the crystal ball spit out those stats in response to LA's question. I don't know if it's an instead of or in addition to kind of thing. Images are often cloudy or black-and-white so it was impossible to say if there was a red-head out there. I do know Davis is going to play because there were times the entire ball was obscurred by a single player.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Petsi Pies

285 Beacon Street

Somerville, MA 02143

617-661-7437

I haven't had them, but several sources claim they're the best.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm

AK

I hope so

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm

NYCelt wrote:

AK

AK,

All I know is that the crystal ball spit out those stats in response to LA's question. I don't know if it's an instead of or in addition to kind of thing. Images are often cloudy or black-and-white so it was impossible to say if there was a red-head out there. I do know Davis is going to play because there were times the entire ball was obscurred by a single player.

Regards
LOL...NY, even if we can't see him, we will know him by his obscenities...

Last edited by LACELTFAN on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Sam wrote:Petsi Pies

285 Beacon Street

Somerville, MA 02143

617-661-7437

Sam

And there, LA, is your answer.

No crystal ball needed.

I should have known Sam would have it!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Sam wrote:Petsi Pies

285 Beacon Street

Somerville, MA 02143

617-661-7437

Sam

And there, LA, is your answer.

No crystal ball needed.

I should have known Sam would have it!
Sam is a fount of knowledge to be sure.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:By the way, does anyone think that the Celtics are going to roll the Clippers tonight? Normally, all things being equal, this would be a good night for the starters to get some rest for the coming storm BUT does anyone think that this will come easy tonight....Clippers are back to back and C's are at home with a little score to settle, but nothing seems to come easy lately, so..... Question

A frontline of Kaman, Camby (19 rebounds last night) and Thornton is a handful to deal with. And Baron Davis always seems to give Rondo problems. Physical guards often do. Clips are almost .500 in the tough West after having their share of injuries like the rest of us (not sure if Eric Gordon will play for them tonight). And we're not exactly clicking on all cylinders yet. I expect a tough game.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down