Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute

5 posters

Go down

Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute Empty Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute

Post by Sam Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Among the many nice things that happened during Boston's celebration of Derek Jeter at Fenway Park today, it was nice to see Paul Pierce, in a Celtics jacket, come bounding out to represent the Celtics in honoring Jeter.  I don't know whether I can recall a situation in which a current member of another team officially represented the Celtics in any capacity.  No member of the current Celtics team was present as far as I know.  The ceremony featured captains: several previous captains of the Red Sox, Bobby Orr, Troy Brown, and Pierce.  I guess that, for some reason, the current Celtics' captain was not available or wasn't asked.

Wonder what the current odds are that Paul will eventually wind up with the Celtics in some capacity.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute Empty Re: Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute

Post by swish Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Jeter had a lot in common with Hondo. Lengthy and brilliant careers punctuated by their quiet on the field/court leadership. Role models of the highest degree.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute Empty Re: Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute

Post by Sam Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Good comparison, Swish.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Quite the twist to see Jeter end it in Boston.  Also a tribute to Sox fans and that organization for the send-off they gave him.

One of the greats to play the game and a true role model that's so scarce in sports today.  I didn't even mind him beating my Orioles in his last game at The Stadium.

Number 2 (not clearly visible) in the avatar over there wears the number on his baseball and football uniforms for a good reason.

Pierce's presence as a former Boston captain, while still active for another team, clearly showed that he ranks high among the all-time Celtic greats.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Here's the picture:

Paul Pierce Represents Celtics at Fenway Jeter Tribute Pierce10

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Remember, they played during the same era, probably knew one another well, so, it was terrific that they asked Paul to represent the Celtics. This was most assuredly was asked by the Red Sox. It gave me chills watching him run out there with his Celtic jacket on (even though he had a Washington cap on!). As far as Rondo goes, he was otherwise occupied!

The fact that he did come shows how much he values his importance to the Boston Celtics. HE WILL RETURN!

Rosalie

s
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Rosalie,

I think you had a lot in common with many in the crowd, who were thrilled to see Paul once again representing the Celtics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Sam, in my eyes Paul is a lifetime Celtic. A tear in my eye when I saw that. Funny, I am a huge Troy Brown fan also, always have been.
Class act by the Red Sox including all these guys.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Rosalie,

What you saw was undoubtedly the work of Dr. Charles Steinberg, who came to the Celtics with the new ownership group, then returned to an Diego a few years ago, and has been back with the Sox for a couple of seasons.  The guy has a knack for putting just the right touches on celebrations and other events, right down to picking the music.  He's also one of the most articulate extemporaneous speakers I've ever heard.  He's also a very approachable, next door neighbor type of guy—a real asset to the Red Sox and Boston.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down