Outside
k_j_88
Sam
dboss
hawksnestbeach
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rondo's legacy in green..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rondo's legacy in green..?

Post by worcester Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:46 pm

You win the emoticon of the year,award Mr. Kleen.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:01 pm

You win the emoticon of the year,award Mr. Kleen.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:54 pm

This other thread that Bob started has a quote from Bill Simmons that PERFECTLY states what I am saying in this thread.

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t8243-just-how-bad-did-rondo-want-out#124588

bobheckler wrote: While Rondo’s decline at the age of 28 appeared a result of a player once reliant on slicing and scrapping his way into the restricted area still struggling to recover both physical and mentally from a serious knee injury, there have been rumblings in the fortnight since his trade that the regression might have been the result of another factor entirely: Effort.

“He’s always up to stuff when he’s locked in, and I think that’s the guy that Dallas is getting,” Grantland editor-in-chief Bill Simmons told writer Zach Lowe during their podcast last week. “In Boston, he would just give up the ball and just stand there, and I do think they had to trade him. It was too bad that was the way it worked out, not just from what we were seeing from the games, but from what I was hearing. In practice, when you have your guy who’s the unquestioned best guy on the team and the quote unquote ‘leader’ of the team, and he’s just not going hard in practice at all, that puts a coach who is trying to get through to young players in a really bad spot. And I think they knew they had to trade him.”
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2