Trade deadline coming fast.

5 posters

Go down

Trade deadline coming fast. Empty Trade deadline coming fast.

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:06 am

who do each of you think WILL be moved by then?

I think Thornton will be traded.

Prince will be bought out.

Bass ends up staying here.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Trade deadline coming fast. Empty Re: Trade deadline coming fast.

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:48 am

Kdp,

Just for the halibut,

Thornton stays ($8M is a lot for a microwave).  Next year he's gone because Danny won't offer him anywhere near what he is making now.  If Bayless is gone for a fraction of the money, so is Thornton.

Prince will stay.  If he was going to be bought out they would have already done it AND Brad likes him.  Thinks he sets a good veteran example for the young'uns.  As Brad has said "he's lived it all".  With Rondo gone he is the only player on the team with a ring.

Bass is gone because he is solid, is only $6M and is in his last year.

Wallace is gone (just kidding).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 am

Danny probably can't trade Wallace because of the money, a shame because the man plays with passion and is fun to watch.  Thornton, Prince and Bass could help any team in contention, but what could they bring - a second round pick?  

If there's an athletic 7-footer sitting, neglected, like Robert Parrish, at the backside of some team's bench, or a savvy point guard, like DJ, who has fallen out of favor for one reason or another, one expects that Danny knows it and is looking to use his bundle of assets to make a move.  Red told Danny that he used to call every other GM in the league almost daily.  I can see Danny following that advice, - always on the phone, posing scenarios, and wheeling and dealing wherever possible.

At the same time, teams need those grizzled veterans as a steadying influence as well as to pass on their knowledge and experience to the young guys, and the Cs have got some good veterans.  Danny doesn't have to do anything: just wait for the draft and free agency.

It might be better if he does nothing. As Larry always reminded him, as a baseball player, Danny couldn't hit the curve and didn't hit many homeruns.

Nevertheless, "Anything's possible!"

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:00 pm

With the trade exemptions that Ainge has he might be able to make a move or two at/before the deadline next week, but I do not see him moving Bass, Thornton or Prince for only a second round draft pick if he moves them one at a time.

It does not seem that any of this year's contenders need any of these three guys at this time enough to hand over a first rounder. And, I cannot see where there is a contending team that would need any two of these guys in one deal to give up a first rounder.

With seemingly no desire to take back anyone with a contract that goes beyond this season (with Nelson being the exception so far, and he has already been traded) it would indicate that Ainge is going to stay on this same path through next week and do most of his dealing for next year's roster during the summer months.

For my dollar in the pool, if any one of the three guys mentioned is moved I think that it is likely to be Thornton. His contract is for 8.5M, but he will only have to be paid less than 3 M to finish out the season. Guys have been traded who make more money at this time of the year by contending teams for 25-30 games and the playoffs.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Gotta have a dance partner..........

Otherwise we'll just be leaning against the wall.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down