kdp59
bobheckler
Sam
dboss
tjmakz
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Source: McGee passes on Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Source: McGee passes on Celtics

Post by Outside Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Bob,

I don't know if you're familiar with the comic strip Drabble, but it's centered around the Drabble family, including Ralph, a particularly clueless husband/father.

One strip years ago was particularly memorable to me. Ralph is sitting in his recliner watching TV. His wife comes in carrying groceries and says, "Boy, these bags sure are heavy." Ralph gets out a handheld wife translator, types in what she said, and the screen translates it to read, "Get off your lazy butt and help carry in the groceries!" so Ralph jumps up and helps.

I keep looking for one of those translators, but apparently creating a self-driving car is a far easier and less expensive endeavor.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Source: McGee passes on Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Source: McGee passes on Celtics

Post by tjmakz Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:07 pm

kdp59 wrote:I thought any  pay he gets comes OFF the pay Philly has to pay him.

so if he gets $1M next year, Philly has to pay OPNLY $11M (all to get a late first round pick?).

wow.

Philly was millions under the salary cap floor for this season, so they might as well get a 1st round pick for adding required salary.

Philly will not get a reduction in the $12m for next season, even if another team signs him.

Josh Smith was waived this season.
He is getting $13.5m from Detroit AND a little over $2m from Houston.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Guess it's a dead issue, so who cares now?  To bad.  He would have been worth a look-see, if only as a filler for the rest of this season.  I liked the prospect of the fewer tough minutes Zeller would have to play as much as I liked any performance bnefits JaVale might have provided.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:27 pm

So, what you saying is that he wants all the balls in his court? My son says he will be here in the end, am I glad about this or not? A guy with an attitude is not what we need, didn't we just get rid of one of those?

Oh well, if no one else offers him what he wants will they come crawling back to the Celtics?
Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:45 pm

I stand corrected. If he had a player option hiw would that work?

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:50 pm

dboss,

I think that the player option would let McGee come back to Boston )or whichever team he signs with) next year based on his decision where the team option allows Boston to dump him if he fails to impress for the rest of this season. Can't blame the guy for looking for some security, but can't blame Ainge for not wanting to grant it either.

He will get his 12 M from the 76ers either way for next season.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2